Toilets

mayalld

Featured Posts

Is this not a bit like claiming a certain type of vehicle is rubbish because it gets damaged when you crash it?

Not at all.

Simple statement of fact that if somebody does something silly with a P/O, it turns into a major disaster, whilst if they do the same thing to a cassette, you barely notice it.

We've lived aboard full time for over a year with pump out loo being used for poo and portapotti for wee.

Sounds like an extended version of our Separett Loo.

Must be very good for improving individual muscle control!

Edited to add:

I've just had an attack of subconcious lateral thought - the "View new content" link has taken on a whole new meaning!

Edited by barge sara

Not at all.

Simple statement of fact that if somebody does something silly with a P/O, it turns into a major disaster, whilst if they do the same thing to a cassette, you barely notice it.

Hmm. I've eperienced the inside of an Elsan point which has been subjected to someone doing "something silly" several times. Now that we have a pump out I'm grateful that I never have to visit such places.

Edited by AlanH

Hmm. I've eperienced the inside of an Elsan point which has been subjected to someone doing "something silly" several times. Now that we have a pump out I'm grateful that I never have to visit such places.

You're not a fan of self pump out then?

Tony ;)

You're not a fan of self pump out then?

Tony ;)

Certainly not. Go look in the chandlery whilst someone else does it for you once every couple of months rather than visit a hell hole every four days. We can afford it. A few of the problems with Elsan points are caused by self pump outs but not all of them. Whatever the cause of some of the disgusting messes I've encountered in the past I'm glad I don't have to use them any more.

Not at all.

If I put 40 gallons of piss in my pumpout toilet nothing happens.

If I put 40 gallons of piss in a cassette toil it spills out all over the boat.

Using your logic, this therefore proves that cassettes are rubbish.

And yet I know you're not that stupid.

If I put 40 gallons of piss in my pumpout toilet nothing happens.

If I put 40 gallons of piss in a cassette toil it spills out all over the boat.

Using your logic, this therefore proves that cassettes are rubbish.

And yet I know you're not that stupid.

Damned if I'd be wanting to pay for your beer!

I prefer the pump-out toilet to the "crap in a suitcase" alternative. just a matter of personal preference, each to their own so to speak. Everyone has dropped the odd foriegn object into a toilet bowl by accident from time to time. I did so with my BW key last week. However, as for what enters the tank but not by accident, is down to the right sort of potty training instilled in us as a child. :rolleyes:

I removed the cassette loo..and fitted a pump out 3 years ago. Despite people saying . I wouldn't give you house room for a pump out'..they don't look very happy when I see them lugging cassettes.

The only problems I had were with the nasty white flexible hose...and I wouldn't recommend that. It gets smelly and that builds up. I replaced with solvent weld and shallow sweeping bends and it works really well. I use Harpic blue domestic cleaner every week down the bowl...very weak..and flush through after 10 minutes. Although there was all the scare stories about this...the only bits that could fail are the mascerator seal and the rubber non-return valve (BUT the felxible hose would fail if I hadn't gotten rid of that ) I had spares of these and soaked them in neat Harpic for a month..and there was no noticable change.Since then..I use it down the bowl SPARINGLY....and the non-return valve never clogs now and the mascerator blades stay clean. It is not advisable to mix any toilet cleaners in the tank...and I feel that has more to do with it. We wouldn't want nasty explosions in the poo tank !!

No doubt....scare stories will follow after I post this....so...don't try what I have said for yourself.

Bob

You really need to get the Axminster Power Tool Catalogue.

Screwfix is a "splash and dash" read, by comparison.

True. All those lovely Japanese saws...

Or another good contemplative read is the Demon-Tweeks catalogue if you are so inclined. Motorsport edition, of course

Richard

Certainly not. Go look in the chandlery whilst someone else does it for you once every couple of months rather than visit a hell hole every four days. We can afford it. A few of the problems with Elsan points are caused by self pump outs but not all of them. Whatever the cause of some of the disgusting messes I've encountered in the past I'm glad I don't have to use them any more.

Blimey, what size holding tank have you got? ours is about 45 gallons, and with two of us it needs emptying every 7 - 10 days.

But then, maybe I drink more beer?

Blimey, what size holding tank have you got? ours is about 45 gallons, and with two of us it needs emptying every 7 - 10 days.

But then, maybe I drink more beer?

Get yourself a portapotti and wee in that - makes the pump out last a lot longer :D