Breasting up..???

Evo

Featured Posts

78 lives saved.....How about yours? ;)

Can't think of a more important currency.

I think mine probably saved my life, which is why I value it so.

The main point I was trying to make, though, is that a "my boat is better than yours" competition is always doomed to failure, because everyone likes different things for different reasons, and that's fair enough.

I'm glad not all boats and opinions on here are the same ;)

• Greenie 1

• 2 years later...

Resurrecting a very old thread here, as it came up in a google search - I am trying to find out where to get some of the 'welcome to moor alongside' stickers I've seen occasionally. Are they still available?

Resurrecting a very old thread here, as it came up in a google search - I am trying to find out where to get some of the 'welcome to moor alongside' stickers I've seen occasionally. Are they still available?

tch tch. Make your own. All you need is clandestine access to a laminater. Surely a woman of your connexion could wangle that?

...or get Wriggle to knit you some.

tch tch. Make your own. All you need is clandestine access to a laminater. Surely a woman of your connexion could wangle that?

...or get Wriggle to knit you some.

My laminated home-made one faded and got tatty - last cruise I just used felt tip on a piece of paper in busy spots. I want wasteful, mass-produced pretty plastic!

Hmm, knitted signs.... Or maybe some bespoke woven net cafe curtains with messages in...? Wriggly - there's your new business !!

(Nicki returns to felt tip on back of envelope idea)

Edited by Odana

Dave Mayall will be happy to let you have any spare ones he still has in his possession FOC!

Your clearly not American then :closedeyes:

now thats proper canal folk for you live and let live and meet and get on with your neighbours doesnt get any better than that

Not just canal folk!

I really don't see why some people have such a problem with rafting up. It really isn't a big deal. You don't have to live in each others pockets, but equally you can also meet some really nice people in the process.

We often don't have a choice in sea ports and have to raft up. In the process we have met some lasting friends who we see time and again as we are on our travels.

If there are limited facilities avaliable then really we should make every effort to make the best use of them and ensure that the most people possible can make use of them. Rafting up where possible means in some places you can get double (or more) the amount of boats and people using the facilities and the local area.

DSC00255.jpg

DSC00256.jpg

Not just canal folk!

I really don't see why some people have such a problem with rafting up. It really isn't a big deal. You don't have to live in each others pockets, but equally you can also meet some really nice people in the process.

And equally you could meet somebody that you really don't want to be that close to.