Help! has anyone seen my boat?

dccruiser

Featured Posts

That's a very interesting boat, but it has too many windows to be the original of this thread

Richard

No,

It's the one dccrruiser said they bought instead of the one that was the subject of the original post.....

that is the same boat ? Yes?

Yes,

See my edited post above....

The original EBay link for the (second!) boat shown immediately after the new link.

Same boat, same vendor, no reference to it being re-advertised, previous sale didn't go ahead, etc.

All very odd!

Serious help needed please, i have just bought this boat .... ebay item number 300426127781 which is a completed listing, now the guy i have bought it from wont tell me where it is ... all i know is it is somewhere in north london area, please look at all the pics as it was painted grey recently. Any help would be seriously appreciated as it is turning into a legal case

cheers

Rick

I don't understand. The boat I linked to is the one with the number in dccruiser's first post. The boat Mark has found is a different boat. What am I missing?

Richard

Right guys - it's late and I'm tired -

any chance of an idiots guide to what's going on here....

(Because I am an idiot ....it's official)

I don't understand. The boat I linked to is the one with the number in dccruiser's first post. The boat Mark has found is a different boat. What am I missing?

Richard

Post #156 (I think) where dccruiser says they have bought a different boat on ebay from the one they first opened this thread about......

Hi, sorry i havent responded sooner,

firstly thank you to those who helped with the location of the boat, i needed to establish the guy concerned had sold it outside of ebay hence waiting to get proof of that.

Although a few made comments to my foolhardiness i had to go through the process as i knew i was safe where paypal was concerned , as it happens he declined the payment... i just wanted to teach the guy a lesson and take it as far as i could and am working to get him banned from ebay.

As it stands the boat at 34 rather than 38' would have been smaller than i wanted anyway and i have now bought ebay item number Item number: 220608015551 so am finally back to being a ditch crawler ... so if anyone is in the market for a very cheap nauticus , please see my listing in for sale and wanted...... and i also may be in the market for a cheap sr2 if someone has one lying around!

thanks again

Rick

It is that second boat that is now re-advertised in more or less identical form to when dccruiser said they were the winning bidder of number 220608015551.

That is the seller appears to be re e-baying it even though dccruiser says they have bought it.

(Familiar(ish) theme ? :lol: )

Simple enough ?

EDITED for missing letter.

Edited by alan_fincher

Three grand? And the engine does not run?

Looking at the rust on that stove, it looks like it has been submerged?

I would consider £3000, if they throw in the trailer...

Hmm, well, we paid a bit less than that for our project boat, in a similar state - but with some of the hull work done already, and partially emptied inside. The stove looked the same too, and although it had been sunk, the stove condition was due to rain from the hole in the roof above it... I'm still hoping it'll brush up okay, but we'll see - the back boiler has a hole in it! :lol:

Funny you should say that about the trailer - one of the first boats we looked at years ago was on a trailer it came with - and had been the subject of an old-fashioned hull survey - drill an 8mm hole in the side to see how thick it is... :lol:

PC

I think the Titanic is in better condition than that.

Here you go then, this is from when we first saw the project boat:

IMG00452.jpg

IMG00456.jpg

IMG00462.jpg

IMG00464.jpg

It wasn't *much* less than £3k we paid... Maybe we were done too, eh?

:lol:

PC

Surely for the boat in the latest adverts it's more or less impossible to tell without actually seeing it ?

I can't work out who might have built it, but it doesn't look a bad shell, even if it's a fairly budget one.

It looks to have a longer swim than many budget boats, and my guess is it would motor along pretty well.

The engine may well be recoverable - who can say, but there is many a sunken Lister out there still giving good service.

Things like cast iron stoves are remarkably resilient, and what looks like a heap of rust now can often be quickly made to be quite the opposite.

(You even get a sink top and a windlass!)

I can't see a £3K-ish figure sounds that bad at all, unless there are some obvious gotchas that are not evident from the pictures.

Latest EBay Linky

Previous EBay Linky

Same vendor.

There seems to be a story to tell with all dccruiser's prospective boats!

I asked the vendor that re-advertised this boat.....

Could you please explain why this boat was apparently sold successfully on e-Bay at the 28th May (Item 220608015551), but is now being advertised again with no mention of the previous sale having fallen through ?

Their reply is.....

Hi, the last buyer could no raise the cash, so i just hit the relist button, thanks Andy

So I'm a bit confused what then happened to the much larger amount that dccruiser had apparently had to purchase the first boat with ?

Would "dccruiser" care to comment, or is the vendor of the second boat telling porkies ?

Edited by alan_fincher

I asked the vendor that re-advertised this boat.....

Their reply is.....

"Hi, the last buyer could no raise the cash, so i just hit the relist button, thanks Andy"

So I'm a bit confused what then happened to the much larger amount that dccruiser had apparently had to purchase the first boat with ?

Would "dccruiser" care to comment, or is the vendor of the second boat telling porkies ?

Looks to me as though dccruiser has been very effectively yanking the chains of everyone here, as well as at least two eBay sellers.

This thread had totally passed me by till tonight and I read the whole thing, pages and pages. Only to find that the OP is as big a twit as he seemed in the first place. I cannot even guess at his motivation. Is it me?

No. It's a known phenomenon, called 'trolling'. The 'troll' posts something made up but on the limits of credibility to see what response they can obtain. People sometimes do it to get social interaction and/or 'validation' and enjoy finding themselves being taken notice of, usually more notice than they get in real life.

This thread is beginning to look like a good example but one can NEVER be sure.

Cheers, Mike

No. It's a known phenomenon, called 'trolling'. The 'troll' posts something made up but on the limits of credibility to see what response they can obtain. People sometimes do it to get social interaction and/or 'validation' and enjoy finding themselves being taken notice of, usually more notice than they get in real life.

This thread is beginning to look like a good example but one can NEVER be sure.

Cheers, Mike

Pretty much spot on! Social insecurity meets forum with mildly interesting subject matter. But as suggested - that makes a dangerous assumption.

Probably a bad assumption in this case as OP has been a forum member for three years, and made approaching 200 posts.

I'd love them to tell us their side of the latest twist, though.......

As they were on the forum last night, they presumably could........

Probably a bad assumption in this case as OP has been a forum member for three years, and made approaching 200 posts.

I'd love them to tell us their side of the latest twist, though.......

As they were on the forum last night, they presumably could........

I might be an old cynic but I just noticed there were

(0 Guests and 1 Anonymous Users)

Maybe he did not get all his money back he paid through paypal on his first boat or is still waiting. :lol:

Paulcatchpole are you watching Narrow boat on Ch 38 Quest? Its Alan Herd fixing up a large Woolwich and I bet it will be well finished,I think they were made about 2005 so you might have seen it before.

Maybe he did not get all his money back he paid through paypal on his first boat or is still waiting. :lol:

Paulcatchpole are you watching Narrow boat on Ch 38 Quest? Its Alan Herd fixing up a large Woolwich and I bet it will be well finished,I think they were made about 2005 so you might have seen it before.

What day(s) and what time, please?