Show us yer tiller pin...

Featured Posts

I haven't got a tiller pin at the moment although I've always wanted a chicken one so she could be .......

Atiller the Hen!

Thank you, I'll get me coat ....

Ta daaahhhh

When we bought Empire the other week the manager at Braunston Marina gave us a new tiller pin (a thistle) as the previous owner took the original with him. I can't see any reason now why I would change it, a nice thought.

Terence

If you have a picture...

or just a description and why you chose it.

Cheers,

We've got a Kingfisher which is very nice but really would prefer a Moose........don't ask!

Anybody know where we could get one?

A 100 year old electric canoe I met struggling up the Thames on Red Boards.

I hate swans, the scare me, so by having one just behind me, it helps me to go faster! :-)

tiller.jpg

Edited by WJM

BRASS-FROG-TILLER-PIN_600_55MZ.jpg

A frog. He came with the boat but I like him. He always turns around to face backwards though.

Tawny Owl has an owl - surprise surprise - who also turns around to see where we have been.

Richard

The best picture I could find, a pagoda looking thing. Great for hanging the stern warp on!!!

dscf2274u.jpg

I did see a moose tiller pin recently, with a fearsome pair of antlers. I did wonder what damage that would do if one slipped and caught one's arm on it!

Edited by Ray T

Tawny Owl has an owl - surprise surprise - who also turns around to see where we have been.

Richard

I wish our kingfisher would turn around to see where we have been. His beak is **!*!!* sharp when I catch my elbow on it (although his beak is nowadays so bent that people keep asking me what sort of bird it is meant to be).

As it happens I posted this picture in another thread recently:

P1030428r.jpg

I wish our kingfisher would turn around to see where we have been. His beak is **!*!!* sharp when I catch my elbow on it (although his beak is nowadays so bent that people keep asking me what sort of bird it is meant to be).

P1030428r.jpg

Clip his beak and call him a sparrow

Richard

P1030428r.jpg

Interesting picture. Are you trying to go down the lock, but is the water so high it flows over the gate? Or are you going up astern?

Interesting picture. Are you trying to go down the lock, but is the water so high it flows over the gate? Or are you going up astern?

Going down and the water is flowing over the top gate. Coming back up a few days later was a greater problem, the water level was a lot higher and we didn't dare use the lock until the level in the pound had been lowered.

When we bought Empire the other week the manager at Braunston Marina gave us a new tiller pin (a thistle) as the previous owner took the original with him. I can't see any reason now why I would change it, a nice thought.

Terence

would that be empire with the canal transport services on it?

the pin and tiller was left in the port rearmost cupboard assuming some ass aint knicked it.

hope you enjoy the boat as much as i did. if its the same one i used to live on it.

I haven't got a tiller pin at the moment although I've always wanted a chicken one so she could be .......

Atiller the Hen!

Thank you, I'll get me coat ....

Are you sure that's not

SateHen

Ok thanks for the nice coat :::::

The best picture I could find, a pagoda looking thing. Great for hanging the stern warp on!!!

dscf2274u.jpg

I did see a moose tiller pin recently, with a fearsome pair of antlers. I did wonder what damage that would do if one slipped and caught one's arm on it!

I'm also getting a glimpse of a very nice paint job their Ray - is it finished now?

devizesmarch2010007.jpg

Bought this Tiller pin / 9" Egyptian Cat at the most recent Ownerships show at Braunston.

It reminds us of an Oscar award or Beer hand pump !!

However we are still waiting to use it on our boat Silhouette.

Not seen many bigger !!