Where are my nice purple tickets?

Hieronymus Bosh

Featured Posts

Hi all,

Not sure what to do here. I finally got back to my postal address, hopefully looking to pick up my CC licence tickets(tax discs? stickers? not sure on the jargon). Said Licence was paid for in full (prompt payment), and handed in to the BW office at Birmingham basin(nice lady there.. she helped me with the form). All I have to show for this at present is a black and yellow "Acknowledgement of Application" (part of a triple form i think.. yellow to me, blue to accompany application.. White to be retained in log[eh?]). Cheque for the full amount has been cashed, (very promptly lol). The licence and yellow form are correctly dated as 5th Feb. 2010. This now seems like an inordinate length of time to wait for something that isn't exactly cheap, and I'm feeling like a bludger while I chug around the waterways.

Any comments, ideas and advice gratefully received as always.

Martin

by gum you lot are bored today.. lol

My birthday treat, this weekend, was supposed to be a trip to the tram museum at Crich but, as everybody, except me, is poorly, I have sat through Madagascar, The Chubb Chubbs, Flushed Away, Shrek, The Complete Camberwick Green and The Magic Roundabout Movie.

Not so much bored, more completely lost the will to live.

Contact BW and remove 2008 licence from windows/portholes.

We travelled for a few weeks with out a licence displayed because BW had sent us someone else's licence.

You have paid, have proof, no worries.

Hi all,

Not sure what to do here. I finally got back to my postal address, hopefully looking to pick up my CC licence tickets(tax discs? stickers? not sure on the jargon). Said Licence was paid for in full (prompt payment), and handed in to the BW office at Birmingham basin(nice lady there.. she helped me with the form). All I have to show for this at present is a black and yellow "Acknowledgement of Application" (part of a triple form i think.. yellow to me, blue to accompany application.. White to be retained in log[eh?]). Cheque for the full amount has been cashed, (very promptly lol). The licence and yellow form are correctly dated as 5th Feb. 2010. This now seems like an inordinate length of time to wait for something that isn't exactly cheap, and I'm feeling like a bludger while I chug around the waterways.

Martin

No such thing as a CC licence, they are all leisure licences.

Sue

Hi all,

Martin

I had the same problem, I returned the form in November with a cheque but by the end of December (when the licence expired), no licence had arrived. I phoned Leeds who assured me that it had been sent out. A week later the licence had still not arrived, so I phoned again. They agreed to send a "duplicate" set which arrived the next day. The originals have still not materialised.

I suggest tghat you phone and ask for a duplicate licence.

No such thing as a CC licence, they are all leisure licences.

Sue

There is such a thing as a CC licence.

Although the distinction is harder to spot than the licence type, which is spelled out in plain English, there is a difference that can be seen.

BW 'lost' my 2010 licence after cashing the cheque. A phone call to a charming lady at the licensing office soon sorted it - they'd posted my licence to somebody else (probably the previous owner) and a duplicate arrived shortly after.

Suggest you make a written complaint to BW. The complaints procedure is on the BW web site, it's not complicated. You can do this by email or post. Just say what you're not happy about and what you want done about it - ie send you the licence now. Then you're covered in the event of any problems, it's on record, and it should get sorted out quicker than if you keep phoning.

Edited by Flossie007

My birthday treat, this weekend, was supposed to be a trip to the tram museum at Crich but, as everybody, except me, is poorly, I have sat through Madagascar, The Chubb Chubbs, Flushed Away, Shrek, The Complete Camberwick Green and The Magic Roundabout Movie.

Not so much bored, more completely lost the will to live.

I lived by there in whatstandwell its a great place we would wander all over the place when we were younger. there is a tower by there you can climb. we went last year and climbed it again my knees were killing me after

Although the distinction is harder to spot than the licence type, which is spelled out in plain English, there is a difference that can be seen.

what is it the differance on the licence ?

you mean the bit where you tick the question 'is the boat continuously cruising' instead of putting in a home mooring :lol:

some people seem to think this makes no difference.

from BW license application form

(text a bit muddled)

"Where will the boat be kept when not being used for cruising?

At a home mooring site on a BW waterway Waterway:

Mooring site name:

BW site? Yes No

Name and address of mooring

site operator if not BW:

At a home mooring site on a waterway operated by a different navigation authority

Name of navigation:

Out of the water

The boat cruises continuously

Please tick"

I never quite understood why anyone would put 'cc' rather than 'out of the water' surely the out of the water option would draw less fire?

So many non-arrivals of licences is a bit more than a coincidence. I also paid for mine on the 18th Feb to start 1st March, and paid on-line.

Come the 15th March it had still not arrived.

Phoned Leeds on 16th, spoke to Linda. Couldn't find my details straight away (computer fetching the teas), said she would phone me back.

Four hours go by - no call, so I call back and spoke to someone else (name slipped my ear). Explained I spoke to Linda, but this lady said it had been sent out the day following payment, but she would print another set and post today.

Next morning, licences arrive - 1st Class post date stamped 16th Mar.

The following morning, another set arrive, 1st Class post date stamped 16th Mar.

Either there is a problem at Leeds with their mail output, or the Royal Mail is performing at their current standard - rubbish. - This past six months they have lost a number of items of mine, and if you have recourse to seek their whereabouts through tracking or emails - good luck. You will need the patience of Job and the persistence of a Chinese water torturer - and still get nowhere.

My 1st Class recorded from Herts to Swindon ended up in Belfast returns depot having not been collected (their procedures not followed), and took two months to get back to me. The package had been slit open for inspection, even though such is only claimed for items with no return address on - which was clearly marked on the back of the item. Apologies? Yes. Why it was opened; Why it went to Belfast; Why it was delayed two months? Zip, Nil, Nothing. Go to the local PDO, and you will get as many different versions of what might happen in such cases, as you ask individual RM workers.

Derek