Sausages

Midnight Rider

Featured Posts

If you want any of the third item listed - just read most of Phylis' posts! :lol:

Wrong way around, if you want brains dont read my posts :lol:

I can however do lips, not sure about eyelids and im struggling on the bollocks front as well

Edited by Phylis

Wrong way around, if you want brains dont read my posts :lol:

I can however do lips, not sure about eyelids and im struggling on the bollocks front as well

How come? are you having a bad day? :lol:

I pointed that out to my then girlfriend, who happened to be half irish. Whoops. One smarting ear and a lecture later...

Oh, she understood then?

Seriously, I am sure that Richmond's phrased it like that on purpose. But just in case anyone moaned, they could innocently point to the wording on their packs of chipolatas: "Irish recipe, 8 thin sausages".

Edited by Athy

Not allowed sausages these days but good old Lidl used to do some Pork & Stilton which were superb :lol: and like most Lidl stuff dead reasonable. Far superior to the industrial Walls and Richmond rubbish.

The test of a good sausage is can you eat it without sauce!

P Coates & Son, superb indeed! HERE :lol:

And the lovely sausages they sell are, I believe, Packington Pork.

The lady at the sandwich shop just down the road from WW Towers buys her sausages from Coates in Alrewas. Her sausage sandwiches are pretty much my staple lunchtime diet these days...

A good sausage needs to be cooked in the oven IMO, regulo 6 for 30 mins or until skin is nicely browned + you must use a sharp knife to cut it, sacrificing it to a blunt one and squashing it is disrespecting a proud sausage.

Edited to add: Just decided to cook some now, along with eggs and bubble and squeak :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by nb Innisfree

best sausages i have had in the last 35 years? and i don't exaggerate here. Seven Wells Family Butchers in Oundle.

Link to 7 Wells

i have nothing more to say except that i like the 'bready', dry texture and really dislike sausages that feel greasy to the palate. but then it's down to taste isn't it. problem is that it's so diffucult to find bangers that aren't greasy.

cheers

nigel

We got fed up with inferior sausages and when feeling flush we go to Chatsworth farm shop and freeze a few. They have lovely fine skin(not the sort that you have to roll around your mouth hoping to chew them soft enough to swallow, then leaving them on the side of the plate. The inside is quality meat. Gorgeous.

Thee pre war sausage from the butcher in kinver

Perhaps a bit past their sell-by date by now?

I assume that "pre-war" refers to their recipe and flavour? This is something which goes in cycles with food producers: J. Public gets worried about the amount of fat in meat products such as sausages, so they introduce "Low Fat", "Low Cholesterol", "Good For You", etc., ranges. J. Public samples these and concludes that they don't actually taste of much. Sales plummet. No problem for the sausage maker who launches "traditional" ranges - traditional meaning, yes you've guessed, high fat, high cholesterol, but you can taste them.

ok you lot,

waitrose tries it's best,

but if you are down this way visiting Alan as they try to rebuild him (remember the 6 million dollar man),

also visit Eastwoods as you pass the Canal pub. Fantastic range and quality, I only found it by accident.

in fact google eastwoods, sausage, berkhamstead for some insight into this meat palace.

:-)

and no, it's nothing to do with me selling,

just a happy customer, (the chilli sausages are awesome)

Parm, you do have a point - but not all butchers' home-made saus. are great either - I have tasted, or attempted to taste, some disappointingly bland ones.

i do agree. One thing tho - never never buy a cheap sausage!