Need a job ?

mrsmelly

Featured Posts

Hi Tim,

Thank you so much for this post. I logged in last week and saw the Need a Job title, passed on the info to my husband Ian, he met with David last week and starts work on Thursday :lol: . He was made redundant last March after 10 years with the same company and has only had intermittent work since then. He has welding and fabricating skills along with forklift licence and has helmsman cert, so obviously skills that they can use!

So cheers and many, many thanks.

Lyn

We shall also be working with David and will be starting late March/early April when I have worked my notice (or get early release!) It will take about 7/8 days to get there though!

Jenny and Tony Miller

I'm seeing David next week, it will make a change from the current hit and miss of IT contracting.

(Where there is a long wait and three come a long at once). A summer job you want do.

It be nice to see the hills and valleys , once more after the flatlands of Fens.

Firesprite

Middle Levels

I'm seeing David next week, it will make a change from the current hit and miss of IT contracting.

(Where there is a long wait and three come a long at once). A summer job you want do.

It be nice to see the hills and valleys , once more after the flatlands of Fens.

Firesprite

Middle Levels

There are lots of lovely places to park your boat here :lol:

We shall also be working with David and will be starting late March/early April when I have worked my notice (or get early release!) It will take about 7/8 days to get there though!

Jenny and Tony Miller

:lol: Thats if that old gardner will make it all this way, remember if you break down give me a ring and Ill nip up with the Beta and tow you the rest of the way........... :lol:

Im headed your way In April like wise i have to get off the rivers ouse ,middle levels and the Nene. then up the oxford canal. :lol:

Are there any jobs left?

many regards

Ollie

Edited by skipper

:lol: Thats if that old gardner will make it all this way, remember if you break down give me a ring and Ill nip up with the Beta and tow you the rest of the way........... :lol:

My old gardner at tick over in reverse, would still pull your boat backwards even if you were at full throttle trying to go forwards :lol:

FIGHT!!

:lol: Allas he may be right, after all I did buy my boat from him so he does know it. :lol: Mind you I still have a nice dining table and chairs in my dining room where he has an old crane engine stuck in the middle of his boat....... :lol:

And you have a John Deere tractor engine stuck in the middle of yours? :lol:

:lol: Hi Dom

Now you should know better if you remember my boat and I am sure this will jog your memory I have a proper BETA 1903 tucked away at the arse end of my boat leaving me 55 feet of living space :lol: What is the point of paying for 70 feet and sticking a silly crane engine in it and an uncomfortable boatmans wardrobe ( sorry cabin ) might as well buy a thirty footer :lol:

Nowt wrong with crane enjuns,

mine takes less than 6 ft of my living space (65ft) and I can (and have) fitted two single airbeds either side one cramped family weekend.

Mine operated a Liverpool docks crane so was probably on strike most of it's working history from 1943 onwards.

:lol:

My 'engine' or main propultion method actually has about three times the surface area of the boat, has to stick up vertically about one and a half times the length of the boat (about 20 feet!), and requires constant adjustment to provide the propulsion. It is also totally weather dependant and will only allow the boat to travel in about 225 degrees of all the directions possible. It also has more adjustments than any of your engines and these take up most of the boat.

On the plus side, it costs absiolutely zero in money to run all day, is pretty silent, and is the most relaxing and/or auxilirating ride possible and can propell the boat at some remarkabley high speeds across the surface of the water. It is also the prefered method of propultion of round the world yachtpersons and was used exclusively as commercial propultion until lthe late 19th century for thousands of years. It creates no emission issues, is greenhouse friendly, and is just overall great fun.

I love my sailing dinghy.

Incidentally, the job originally advertised, what does it entail? What is the salary like and is it still available? I may relocate if it ticks the boxes? PM if necessary please??

Edited by GRPCruiserman

:lol: Hi Dom

Now you should know better if you remember my boat and I am sure this will jog your memory I have a proper BETA 1903 tucked away at the arse end of my boat leaving me 55 feet of living space :lol: What is the point of paying for 70 feet and sticking a silly crane engine in it and an uncomfortable boatmans wardrobe ( sorry cabin ) might as well buy a thirty footer :lol:

So you do. Mini digger engine, then :lol: