• BW won't object, but it is rather cheeky
    • Seriously extracting the proverbial
  3. 3. Whaley Bridge, Marple, Congleton, Kidsgrove, Macclesfield

• Perfectly OK
    • OK by me, but I suspect BW would object
    • BW won't object, but it is rather cheeky
    • Seriously extracting the proverbial

Featured Posts

I'd like to reorganise the boards when we upgrade and have a special forum, where we can park threads like this one. Any suggestions for a name?

FAQ..???

Thas what most forums would call the most frequently asked questions

Blimey you've not been here 4 months.

It's been like this since I joined, and probably before (I don't think I started it).

The forum ticks along nicely with a few hot topics that always cause a row.

If you like peace and quiet don't click on threads about:

Electricity (especially, but not exclusively, GIs)

CCers

Licences(the display of)

Pump out vs Cassette

I'm sure others will add to the list and, if we're lucky, a row will kick off.

You forgot

trad/v semi/v criser stern oh and

reverse v normal layout oh and

tug v trad bow oh and

bow thruster v no bow thruster....

how long have we got??

But I've asked most if not all in my time. :lol:

Edited by MJG

I'd like to reorganise the boards when we upgrade and have a special forum, where we can park threads like this one. Any suggestions for a name?

General Boating?

I don't see the point in "parking" a popular thread.

The subject matter is constantly changing and I don't see why it has to be sectioned off, just because it is emotive.

how long have we got??

As a species, planet, forum or individuals?

I've not seen that topic pop up too often but would probably start a row.

Well I am deciding which law to break, shall i over stay and break the cc rule or shall i bid on a mooring and break the town planning laws which forbid liveaboards to to live on a mooring ahhhh decisions

If i were you I'd go for the 'blind eye' mooring option.

But that's cos I'm lazy.

Are you lot still talking about continuous cruisers?

Come on, life's too short!

It's a big world out there.

For example, in the gay community a continuous cruiser is a very promiscuous man who's taken rather a lot of cyrstal meth amphetamine. :lol:

Edited by blackrose

Continuous cruisers - why not? The heart and soul of the canals as they are today.

So, as I suspected, you aren't the innocent newbie who happens to share my (fairly uncommon) name.

You are, in fact, the sock puppet of some other user, created with the sole purpose of stalking me.

Now, would the person responsible care to reveal themselves, or are they too spineless to do so?

So, as I suspected, you aren't the innocent newbie who happens to share my (fairly uncommon) name.

You are, in fact, the sock puppet of some other user, created with the sole purpose of stalking me.

Now, would the person responsible care to reveal themselves, or are they too spineless to do so?

It got me for a few moments.

Edited by David Schweizer

Are you sure it's not your wife starting to share your hobby?

Are you sure it's not your wife starting to share your hobby?

Positive.

Erm your poll relates to many places of which one is Whaley Bridge!

Yes, the poll relates to many places.

The place locally that I have mentioned as being unusable due to occupation by non-moving cc-ers has been repeatedly identified as Furness Vale.

English gypsies and state policie By David Mayall

Book overview

After an overview of Gypsy persecution in Europe from the earliest days to the Nazi holocaust the book describes the efforts of central government in England to control Gypsies by legislation. The author describes the severe anti-Gypsy legislation of the 16th and 17th centuries as a prelude to the more wide-ranging statutes in use against Gypsies and vagrants in the Victorian period. His description of local governments search for a solution to nomadic "menace" & "nuisance" includes detailed accounts of eviction of Gypsies from traditional sites in Handsworth (1908) & Blackpool (1909).

can you sign my copy, Dave? :lol:

Positive.

Yes, the poll relates to many places.

The place locally that I have mentioned as being unusable due to occupation by non-moving cc-ers has been repeatedly identified as Furness Vale.

So despite being moored at Furness Vale on your new mooring you are now saying you cant moor elsewhere in Furness Vale when out on the cut there?

If the answer is yes I will come and meet you with a £100 bet and a video camera for youtube and prove that you are nothing more than the equivalent of a bored curtain twitcher who is singling out a minority because you appear to have nothing better to do.

No where to moor in Furness Vale?

Totally false information.

Granted yes there are some boats along there that are CC moorers who are actually the people who used to CC moore in Whaley Bridge but got moved on from their moorings in front of Tesco.

You and whatever your agenda is is not positive for the canals.

You have looked for this problem and over exaggerated the reality of it hence why you have no formal data to back up your complaint.

Why you would even wish to moor up there is beyond me anyway.

Jeez some people :lol:

May I also add for other members of this forum who don't go up to this area as much as I can that the place Dave is talking about although very lovely to look at is actually opposite a sewage works!

Edited by OffGridManc

Anyway makes a refreshing change to come across a wreck of a boat without a licence! :lol:

Well I'm going to stand up for wrecks.

When i moved on the canal (strokes long grey beard) it was one of the things i liked about them, the lack of excessive tidying and the half sunk boats that 'only needed a bit of work'.

And well done OffGridManc, a bit of local knowledge and our Dave's well on the ropes.