• BW won't object, but it is rather cheeky
    • Seriously extracting the proverbial
  3. 3. Whaley Bridge, Marple, Congleton, Kidsgrove, Macclesfield

• Perfectly OK
    • OK by me, but I suspect BW would object
    • BW won't object, but it is rather cheeky
    • Seriously extracting the proverbial

Featured Posts

Responding to a similar topic in which I pointed out the fact that until BW took measures to enforce the legislation at their disposal arguments about the pros and cons of this subject were a waste of time which caused CP to respond in his usual vitriolic manner. However I think bridge hoppers are here to stay (so to speak) the real culprits are the owners of boats who have no intention of moving whatsoever. Before CP gets in his ENVY or if they're poor its OK mode I'm sure all boaters could name at least one boat that would fit in the catergory mentioned. The two boats moored at Aylestone Lock since last summer, the four boats moored outside the Cheshire Cat for years, the list is endless how can any of the pro continual moorers defend this lot?

Water always finds its own level and when the scales tip too far one way the balancing measures will follow, thats human nature always has been always will be...... :lol:

this^^

the intermediate responses aren't on a linear scale, which gave me a problem (I have voted). If they were okay (1) Serious piss take (5) with 2,3 and 4 in between this would work, but the middle two seek to evaluate both what I think, and what I think BW will think, which can't be answered with just one response

how can any of the pro continual moorers defend this lot?

Is anyone here "pro continual moorers?"

Personally I don't care what they do, so long as they don't hog visitor or utility moorings.

I don't know the boats you've mentioned but I certainly neither defend or condemn them.

Because they are part of "that lot"?

Who are "they" then?

I have yet to find anyone that actually defends "that lot".

I suspect the majority aren't voting, either because they are sick of the subject or they believe the poll is deliberately loaded.

You keep claiming that the poll is loaded, but it really isn't.

The responses provided are simply the intersection of two distinct questions about each cruising pattern;

A) Is the cruising pattern outlined sufficient to satisfy BW's view of what the Act requires?

:lol: Is the cruising pattern outlined sufficient to satisfy the man on the Clapham Omnibus?

As such, polarisation of results is actually a positive thing, because voting for options 2&3 suggests that the BW stance is at odds with the view of the respondent.

I won't vote because your questions are so loaded.

Nobody does cruise like that so unless you are intending to it's just meaningless twaddle.

Allow me to help (i really think you should get a better computer)

continuous: without interruption.

We spend so much time in the land of interpretation here, with plasticine flowers and cats that talk, and now you're postulating what BW meant.

just carry on going, like the flying dutchman, without cease, 24 hours a days, ghostly skulls at the helm.

Why don't you lot just come out and say it;

"we hate itinerant scum who think they can dare to live on their boats, getting something for nothing, never buying the Daily Mail, with your long hair and your drug taking children"

Your dripping bile is just so so irrelevant.

:lol: Oh Dear diddums

As u are anonimous and ageless I find this reply hard to formulate, but you sound like prob only 20 or 30 something so without much experience of life. Am I also correct in assuming you are a newbie with say less than ten years experience of liveaboard or heaven forbid not even a liveaboard ?

Nowhere except in your tiny little mind did I or anyone else call anyone itinerant scum. I care not the length of your hair but I am sorry your children take drugs and I hope you get help for them as soon as possible.

I have many many true friends who continuously cruise as I will again before long having done it for several years in the past, I think its great providing signing on and not working is not involved ( Unless thro illness or other legitimate reason ).

As for the daily mail I actualy use tinternet for my news stories.

Now go and take a cold shower, simmer down and have a nice day. :lol:

Yes there is, it's called the ignore button.

If it doesn't matter, why are you expending so much energy on criticising me setting a poll up?

I thought it worth pointing out that if you're going to try and draw any conclusions from it then they're going to be wrong. But hey, nobody's stopping you :lol:

I thought it worth pointing out that if you're going to try and draw any conclusions from it then they're going to be wrong. But hey, nobody's stopping you :lol:

Perhaps it would be worthwhile waiting to see what conclusions I try to draw before announcing that they are wrong.

The first conclusion that I will draw is that some people, when they suspect that a poll won't support their POV, make it their business to try and denigrate the results at the earliest opportunity.

Yes there is, it's called the ignore button.

If it doesn't matter, why are you expending so much energy on criticising me setting a poll up?

I think a "does it really matter" option would get quite a few votes because I don't think the majority of people are at all bothered about people's boating patterns, unless they are actually affecting other people.

The first conclusion that I will draw is that some people, when they suspect that a poll won't support their POV, make it their business to try and denigrate the results at the earliest opportunity.

If on's POV is not represented, in the poll, how can it support it?

Well it's like the supposedly democratic elections we hold in this country then, isn't it?

It's not a fair system simply because there is no way of showing you believe the system as a whole is corrupt, aka a "none of the above" box.

"If you don't vote then you can't complain" is just about the worst expression in the english language.

I think a "does it really matter" option would get quite a few votes because I don't think the majority of people are at all bothered about people's boating patterns, unless they are actually affecting other people.

It obviously does matter though or there wouldnt be so many heated discussions on the topic.

It obviously does matter though or there wouldnt be so many heated discussions on the topic.

Heated discussions started by the "hang 'em and flog 'em" contingent and perpetuated by the "Who cares, leave 'em alone, if they're not hurting anyone" brigade.

I don't care but I believe there is much entertainment to be gained by exploring the motives behind those who do care, vehemently.

What utter crap.

I've lost my patience with you Dave.

Every single word in your OP drips with your done-to-death opinions.

Even though your opinions are the polar opposite of Daves, i do believe that the same can be said for your posts

What utter crap.

I've lost my patience with you Dave.

Every single word in your OP drips with your done-to-death opinions.

Perhaps you could stop foaming at the mouth for a second and READ the OP.

So far as I can see, it offers no opinion whatsoever.

They're in your coat pocket.

See MacOS is just as good.

You seem to have connected to someone's iCoat instead. I looked there and no joy.

Perhaps you need to purchase an App for that...

Richard