Historic BW boats - so what happens now?

Laurence Hogg

Featured Posts

YWBS put in a bid for one of the boats, so as said, fingars crossed from common sense over looking at the number after the £ and non of the rest of the form.

Are you saying you think they should go to the highest bidder in every case?

Tim

I got bored of wondering :lol: ,emailed BW about the boats and this is the reply:

"Your Expression of Interests have been put in. The fate of the boats have not yet been decided but as soon as they have you will be contacted. I anticipate this will be by mid December at the latest."

• 4 months later...

Mark, we're hopefully picking her up next week if I can get time off, we'll be heading up your way!

I've got a 9 hp Bolinder waiting for a 'proper' home if you are going to do right by the boat !

At some point I'll think about changing the engine, which boat is it from?

Edited by Liam

Edit - to rude for a family forum!

Where you picking it up from and taking it to (NC I assume)?

What sort of engine you thinking if.

Will hopefully be unveiling a twin engine boat this summer :lol: - as if one wasn't bad enough!

Edited by Speedwheel

Not planning on taking her back to NC until later on in the year.

Will be picking her up from Stewponey Wharf, then maybe head up to Brewood or Great Haywood area, no concrete plans yet.

Not really thinking much about engines at the moment, hull and cabin will be priority when we get her on the dock.

Twin engine?? Sounds interesting :lol:

Well if your passing through Brewood let me know. We walk to the canal from home so are often around.

- or Teddesley for that matter.

Not planning on taking her back to NC until later on in the year.

Will be picking her up from Stewponey Wharf, then maybe head up to Brewood or Great Haywood area, no concrete plans yet.

Not really thinking much about engines at the moment, hull and cabin will be priority when we get her on the dock.

Twin engine?? Sounds interesting :lol:

Edit - to rude for a family forum!

Where you picking it up from and taking it to (NC I assume)?

What sort of engine you thinking if.

Will hopefully be unveiling a twin engine boat this summer :lol: - as if one wasn't bad enough!

With twin engines, will you be doing tug-of-wars with yourself?

Richard

will you be doing tug-of-wars with yourself?

Richard

So many double entendres, so little time.

Unfortunately only one will actually be connected to a prop - although hmmmmmm....... :lol:

Edited by Speedwheel

i know where there are lots of engines, some of which are looking for homes, should you ever need one!!!!!

Regards

Dan

Come on then, that's not fair - you can't leave it like that! What sort of engines?

Edited by Speedwheel

with the exception of "Ling"

I know who's got ling, so does that mean we know all of them.

- I love "operational reasons" as well, basically, actually, although then would like the money, they also need the boat!

With twin engines, will you be doing tug-of-wars with yourself?

:lol:

Kelvin J3, AS1, AS2, a Ruston VROM 4, and other various restoration projects including Kelvin, Fowler and Kromhout!

Regards

Dan

Armstrongs might be of interest - any idea on prices? Also any idea on gearboxes - Parsons?

Sarah - AS2?

Edited by Speedwheel

I really hope Chiltern hasn't been lost. How many Uxbridge Joshers are left? There are 7800 Canalworld members. If everyone gave a fiver....

Chitern was well on the way to absolute dereliction when I left Ellesmere Port 15 years ago. She will have had no meaningful attention there since .

As for the implied question in the OP`s title - heritage has been no more than an unwelcome and unwanted burden to BW for years.