Missing Boat

Liam

Featured Posts

I live at that marina but nobody has come and asked any of us whether we know whats happened to it, maybe they should make more of an effort.

I cannot understand why some owners seem to take such a relaxed attitude to losing a boat. The owner of QSS was out of contact for several weeks because she went of holiday! No we find that the owners of this one have not bothered to make enquiries of those most likely to have seen something.

I find it very strange.

Nick

I cannot understand why some owners seem to take such a relaxed attitude to losing a boat. The owner of QSS was out of contact for several weeks because she went of holiday! No we find that the owners of this one have not bothered to make enquiries of those most likely to have seen something.

I find it very strange.

Nick

Well, as has already been mentioned for Meteor the original post said....

we are instructed by the Insolvency Service on a bankruptcy case

so this one may not be as simple as "the owner", I suspect.

Similarly we had Kalzar, which transpired to be a boat subject of a BW section 8, although that was not pointed out when the original request for help was made.

However in the case of "Que Sera Sera", I agree entirely, and don't feel the behaviour can simply be explained by the owners and daughter being computer numptys. After all they had allegedly hired out the boat via e-Bay, not the usual actions of computer illiterates.

I repeatedly pointed out to QSS owners that they should arrange to get the boat listed on http://www.stolenboats.org.uk (and why), but this was never done.

Are we allowed to talk about QSS again now, then ? I noted there was a thread about it last night that I planned to read, but when I looked again not 10 minutes later it seemed to have been deleted, (can anybody spot a trend ? :lol: :lol: )

Edited by alan_fincher

I find it very strange.

Nick

It's my guess is the accountants acting as the recievers will have easier ways of earning their £200+ /hour fee....

Remember, they still get paid whether the boat is found or not.....

Edited by Hairy-Neil

I find it very strange.

Nick

If the Official Receiver is involved then Hugh may be correct and, in a misguided attempt to get the best price, for the creditors, they may have sent it to be cut up for scrap.

Are we allowed to talk about QSS again now, then ? I noted there was a thread about it last night that I planned to read, but when I looked again not 10 minutes later it seemed to have been deleted, (can anybody spot a trend ? :lol: :lol: )

Did I hear conspiracy theory.... :lol:

If the Official Receiver is involved then Hugh may be correct and, in a misguided attempt to get the best price, for the creditors, they may have sent it to be cut up for scrap.

I feel that unlikely. With good scrap delivered to the yard currently fetching around £100/ton, the cost of craning/transport/disposal of the non metal components of the boat would make this one unviable.

More likely the bankrupt has sold it for cash ahead of the bailiffs.

the owner had a loan on the boat but went bust and now its owned by the loan company i suppose, anyway the owner did a runer and it stood gathering dust without a licence for 6 months at the marina, its was towed away 2 months ago by unknown persons, the boat did;nt have any brass portholes just holes.

Edited by djangobole

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Meteor has been found. It is at Common Barn Farm, Tamworth Road, Packington which is near Hopwas. Butters John Bee -who can be contacted on 01782 267752- are looking for the best possible price. I suspect that this butty is in danger of being chopped into a motor looking at the pile os thinnish steel plate around the back end. Regards, HughC.

• 14 years later...
On 17/07/2009 at 14:17, hughc said:

Meteor has been found. It is at Common Barn Farm, Tamworth Road, Packington which is near Hopwas. Butters John Bee -who can be contacted on 01782 267752- are looking for the best possible price. I suspect that this butty is in danger of being chopped into a motor looking at the pile os thinnish steel plate around the back end. Regards, HughC.

It was still a Butty when I met it on the Atherstone flight last week