Lucy is afloat!

carlt

Featured Posts

Just received an email from Pete.

Lucy is scheduled to be lifted, at Braunsto Marina, Thursday 7th May, in the afternoon.

Nothing more precise than that, I'm afraid.

An historic event - I may pop over and take a few pics . . .

Lucy is now no longer afloat, but safely ashore, at Tess Wharf.

I'll try and post photos before Graham (Alnwick) bans me for mistaking him for Allan (Keeping Up)!

You were easy to spot of course wearing an ostentatiously large white bandage on a poorly finger.

I wonder how often before Tuckey's crew had to engage in crowd control as they did today at Tess Wharf?

Thanks for the lift home Carl.

Tony :lol:

You were easy to spot of course wearing an ostentatiously large white bandage on a poorly finger.

I wonder how often before Tuckey's crew had to engage in crowd control as they did today at Tess Wharf?

Thanks for the lift home Carl.

Tony :lol:

Glad it all went well Pete and Carl

Just for information , we that is me in my disguise as harboumaster for Rickmansworth canal festival 16th 17th May

have given Peter and his Joey JOE a free bankside mooring so he can educate/inform/fund raise for the restoration of LUCY

Come along if you are free that weekend

Chris

Glad it all went well Pete and Carl

Come along if you are free that weekend

I will definitely try and get there.

I've uploaded my photos to here:

Clicky

If anyone wants to use them, for any purpose (other than to laugh at me), they are welcome, though a credit would be nice.

I'll try and post photos before Graham (Alnwick) bans me for mistaking him for Allan (Keeping Up)!

It must have been my new spectacles (that I am told I now have to wear for driving) or perhaps its just that being a mod makes you look that way :lol:

I will definitely try and get there.

I've uploaded my photos to here:

Clicky

If anyone wants to use them, for any purpose (other than to laugh at me), they are welcome, though a credit would be nice.

I think we have all benefitted from your damaged finger Carl. That's a really nice photo record of the lift. Thank you.

Richard

I guess that if not injured you would have been rather more involved.

I guess that if not injured you would have been rather more involved.

Not really.

Floating and boating 'em is my area of expertise.

I don't think there would have been much I could have added to this text book example of planning and teamwork.

Smashing set of photos Carl.

How long does a restoration of this sort take, finance permitting of course?

Well done all.

It really depends on the money and fitting it in with real life,

Hardy took 7 years but that was a floating restoration.

I think Pete is, wisely going to spend the next few months measuring and assessing. before the rebuild (not restoration) even starts.

By the way....If anyone decides to publish the photo of me and Pete posing awkwardly, I will hunt them down and feed them to the crayfish.

I am keeping that one for a suitable occasion - by the way, I was most impressed by the way you responded to Tim's request - reminded me of my schooldays when the headmaster wanted me to stand still for the school photographer . . .