Google Streetview

Tim Lewis

Featured Posts

This streetview will be a very handy tool for us being a removal company. We can check out the access to properties and evaulate the parking situation, if there are local shops to get lunch and just the general gist of where you'r going to be delivering.

Kool Love it :lol:

This streetview will be a very handy tool for us being a removal company. We can check out the access to properties and evaulate the parking situation

I can think of other professsions where this wouldbe handy, too!

Anyone else had any issues with their computer when viewing this? My lap-tops frozen up three times in the last half hour, I then tried it on a desk top and that was awfully slow and eventually froze up too.

Neither computer usually give problems. :lol:

My son has been using streetview for ages. He knows his way round Paris better than me and I lived there for nearly 5 years!

I've never noticed any problems.

Yes, they have done rather a lot of London, haven't they?

Yes, they did not go up our private close of 4, but you can still see all the neighbours cars, with the number plates fogged out. The annoying kid that bit my MIL a good few years ago is also shown with his face fogged out.

Earnest is still incognito in Ballinamore, ROI, there is not even aerial coverage.

I have found googlt to be a very usefull tool to navigation,when i go sailing i can check out an entrance to a harbour from sea level,it gives you a great idea on what to look for as you aproach a harbour entrance for the first time.

as for these street maps,if i was a burglar i would be exstatic as i now no longer have to risk standing outside to "case" the joint as google have done that for me,from those pictures i can acertain,security,escape routes and acess points.

What is the problem with your number plate being visible? Anyone standing on the street can see it, note its position and time. It's not exactly private or personal information.

Because the blurring of faces and number plates was agreed with the Information Commissioner. Quote from the BBC website:

"Google says it has gone to great lengths to ensure privacy, suggesting that the service only shows imagery already visible from public thoroughfares.

It also uses face recognition technology to blur out faces and registration plates that appear in the images.

The Information Commissioner's Office ruled in 2008 that the blurring was sufficient to ensure that privacy was maintained."

Oh and I see that many street images have now been withdrawn - because this had not been correctly adhered to.

See on the BBC website as follows:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7954596.stm

Stewey

Just had a quick peep at the house that I grew up in. They've dug up the rose garden. My mother will be turning in her grave. Looks really sterile with the white UPVC windows. Not like my old home at all.

I went for a virtual walk to school and back. Bored now. Must be all that thinking of double maths on a Friday afternoon.

Oh and I see that many street images have now been withdrawn - because this had not been correctly adhered to.

See on the BBC website as follows:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7954596.stm

Stewey

That probably put's the mockers on doing a canal version then.

I mean, imagine the complaints after one of our seasoned "been there, done that" boater types is caught on camera using a bow thruster, for instance. :lol: