Que Sera Sera

Digipete

Featured Posts

If I didn't want the boat found I wouldn't have posted on this site, at all.

Of course there is that viewpoint. But there is also "Look we really tried to find it, we even joined CWDF in order to get their help". The fact that CWDF were given a load of incorrect dodgy information with big holes in it wouldn't actually have given us a chance to find it anyway.

Gibbo

If I didn't want the boat found I wouldn't have posted on this site, at all.

I don't think they did, i'm sure I read back along someone else did thinking it would help.

Correct!

Somebody else, who's involvement has never been explained, provided the original details posted by Liam, along with three different contact names and phone numbers.

It's not obvious the owners knew this was being done, (although they may have done).

Of course there is that viewpoint. But there is also "Look we really tried to find it, we even joined CWDF in order to get their help".

woopy do.....

sure thats a prerequisite on all insurance policies for boats these days

the REAL point?

you mean there's another besides the one that made you look a prat?

Ahhh so you did miss the real point. You would have looked less silly if you have simply said so.

Gibbo

shit.....got me.

I'll explain it........

The very fact that the "victims" have come on here asking for help has indeed convinced many people of their honesty. It could also be viewed as a cover given the limited amount of (incorrect) information we were given.

I am not saying that is the case. It's a mere possibility.

Gibbo

I'll explain it........

The very fact that the "victims" have come on here asking for help has indeed convinced many people of their honesty. It could also be viewed as a cover given the limited amount of (incorrect) information we were given.

Gibbo

cover for what?

Sniping at each other is not going to help, on the other hand it does lighten things up, well I think so, so there, stamp, spit. :lol:

Indeed, far better to throw wild accusations at the owners who are unwilling or incapable of responding or standing up for themselves. :lol:

Edited by churchward

I'll explain it........

Gibbo

I'm not convinced of anyone's honesty or dishonesty. I just feel that there's nothing to be gained by throwing around potentially hurtful accusations.

If you don't want to help, don't. If you believe you have evidence that points towards foul play, take it to the police.

Making unfounded accusations is not helping or hindering the search.

It is just, potentially, harmful to someone who may have recently had a very traumatic experience.

Making unfounded accusations is not helping or hindering the search.

But whatever the reasons for it, stating that the boat is definitely in an area, then stating that it was not, has hindered the search.

I'm not making unfounded accusations, either, but I would like to hear any explanation as to how such a critical mistake could have been made, in view of what we were told about the guaranteed validity of the sighting.

If all sightings are all effectively rubbished, (a different "Que Sera Sera"), then however willing forum members might be to help, they have not now got one single thing to go on, apart from what the boat is supposed to have looked like a month ago. Some challenge, I'd have thought.

None the less, when we set off for our Easter boating at the end of this week, I shall still be casting an eye over Liverpool Boats of about the right length, (we can't even get a consistent story on it's length).

I don't think that way at all. We are supposed to be human and help our fellow boaters by your logic we should treat everyone as thief's and vagabonds until they prove otherwise. What a sad world you live in. It's called the milk of human kindness but I guess from your post it is something you know little about.

I still say I would rather be disappointed by someone now and then than assume everyone is on the make.

I don't assume everyone is on the make. I tend to give people a lot of rope and assume they are OK till proven otherwise. But there's being dumb and being dumb.

What are the chances that two "Que Sera Sera's" are on the same bit of canal? The right one gets recognised by someone who has apparently been on it and takes a photo of it. Then suddenly it's the wrong "Que Sera Sera" - the one he hasn't been on (out of only 3 registered in the UK).

If they posted a photo of this "wrong" Que Sera Sera I would be more convinced.

I would have been happy to help at the beginning had I lived in the appropriate area but I am just as concerned that good people are wasting their weekends due to their "milk of human kindness" being soured by possible scammers.

So many things don't add up. One error, maybe two even, but a whole list of stuff that doesn't make sense................????????????

C'mon, wake up and smell the coffee.

Does anyone know where abouts the other QSS's are moored, or seen them? If so perhaps they could be eliminated from the enquiry - which might make the "erroneous" sighting look even more fishy!

B.

None of the other QSSs listed on Jim Shead's boat list are of a length or build age where they could be mistaken for this one. In fact only one shows as licenced with BW, and although the longest, is only 35 feet, at least 20 feet short of any of the lengths quoted for the missing one. It is the only one that is diesel powered, and narrow beam.

QUE SERA SERA Built by Nauticus in 1972 - Length 8.2 metres (26 feet 11 inches ) - Beam 2.1 metres (6 feet 11 inches ) a Petrol Inboard engine with a power of 35. Registered with EA Thames Region number 49186 as a Non Hire Annual. Last registration recorded on 19-Apr-08.

QUE SERA SERA Built by BLACKCOUNTRY NARROWBOATS - Length 10.67 metres (35 feet ) - Beam 2.09 metres (6 feet 10 inches ) Metal hull power of 20. Registered with British Waterways number 511578 as a Powered. Last registration recorded on 19-Apr-08.

QUE SERA SERA Built by Birchwood Intercepte in 1975 - Length 6.71 metres (22 feet ) - Beam 2.51 metres (8 feet 3 inches ) hull colour CREAM superstructure colour CR/BEI a Diesel Inboard engine with a power of 46. Registered with EA Anglian Region number G15448 as a Motor boat. Last registration recorded on 02-Mar-06.

Of course this doesn't mean that there aren't others. The one that has gone AWOL isn't itself on the Jim Shead list, where it appears under it's old name

BLUE MOON Built by LIVERPOOL BOATS - Length 17.69 metres (58 feet ) - Beam 2.09 metres (6 feet 10 inches ) Metal hull power of 35. Registered with British Waterways number 511284 as a Powered. Last registration recorded on 19-Apr-08.
Edited by alan_fincher

Lots of interesting debate and theories going on.

IMO I like to think this is a genuine case. The first rule on any insurance scam is to know your policy and make sure they dont have an outer, Also rather than go to the trouble of hiding or disposing of 50 odd foot of steel wouldnt it be far simpler to arrange a 'breakin' and put a torch to the insides.

I have no idea why the owners havent provided info upon request, however, we did have enough to go on so that people could keep thier eyes peeled.

I am quite happy to end up looking like a prat whatever the outcome of this sorry incident but I truly hope the owners are reunited with the boat very soon and without too much harm done to the vessel.

Good luck folks

None of the other QSSs listed on Jim Shead's boat list are of a length or build age where they could be mistaken for this one. In fact only one shows as licenced with BW, and although the longest, is only 35 feet, at least 20 feet short of any of the lengths quoted for the missing one. It is the only one that is diesel powered, and narrow beam.

Of course this doesn't mean that there aren't others. The one that has gone AWOL isn't itself on the Jim Shead list, where it appears under it's old name

When I searched Jim Shead's site for 511284 I got the following:

VICKY - Length 18.28 metres (60 feet ) - Beam 2.08 metres (6 feet 10 inches ) Metal hull power of 35. Registered with British Waterways number 511284 as a Powered. Last registration recorded on 19-Apr-05.

Not Blue Moon as above. Ah just found the other the registration number is the same but the length details are different.

Edited by churchward