Slowing down for moored boats

Steve3

Featured Posts

I dont set out to upset others on purpose, but my thoughts may well be changing on that.

Which stereotype would that be? One that is younger than yourself and who isnt interested in pottering around all day at 3mph in a tin tube.

You sound like a real hard person :lol:

I dont set out to upset others on purpose, but my thoughts may well be changing on that.

Which stereotype would that be? One that is younger than yourself and who isnt interested in pottering around all day at 3mph in a tin tube.

Maybe just Maybe Phylis you are ( as others have noted and commented) on the wrong forum

You seem to be at odds with the majority on here both in outlook and attitude

even to your style of boating and how you seem fit to inflict your music and lifestyle upon others

Wouldn't it therefore be a much nicer thing for you to do and just go away and stop preaching

the gospel according to Phylis here on CWDF

Maybe this forum would be better suited : Phylis Clicky

If however and I suspect it will that my comments offend you..then tough sh*t !

Chris

Edited by Liam

Maybe just Maybe Phylis you are ( as others have noted and commented) on the wrong forum

even to your style of boating and how you seem fit to inflict your music and lifestyle upon others

Wouldn't it therefore be a much nicer thing for you to do and just go away and stop preaching

If however and I suspect it will that my comments offend you..then tough sh*t !

Chris

[/quot

Or put in a nicer way RECTUM CONCRETUM Phylis

Edited by Liam

If however and I suspect it will that my comments offend you..then tough shit !

Chris

Or put in a nicer way RECTUM CONCRETUM Phylis

Resistere irritum est ...sit iucundus tibi dies!!!

A x

Nice one phylis , some on here ,supposed to already have balls would by now have run off to the mods crying they feel offended and could they please remove stuff as it makes them cry.

Nah, im a little thicker skinned then that. :lol:

You shouldnt give it if you cant take it. Thats one piece of advise my mother gave me that i have listened to over the years.

As is my right and others on this forum to have the right of free speech

I have made my comments and stick by them

Chris

Pardon????????????????

Your comments dont offend me your language does, however i wont stoop to reporting it as others do.

The only thing i will say is the warning i got the other day was for bad language so i dont see any reason why you shouldnt get one as well.

Edited by Phylis

I did some knitting with my propellor recently. But it didn't turn out very well so I threw it on the bank in a rage. I probably should have used a better quality tracksuit top as raw material.

Damn,

Had we realised someone else would come up with the goods for a track suit top, then we might have hung on to the track suit bottom that our propeller had an attempt at knitting with. (Might just have been a matching pair ?).

We also failed miserably to make anything useful out of our half of the ensemble, by the way.

I try to ensure the boat is at tickover as soon as I see a moored boat, unless it's 1/2 a mile away. But then again, for me, a bit like Phylis, tickover is about 2.5 Mph (according to the log)

On a narrow section I will go into neutral and coast past moored boats, to try to eliminate draw, but then I have a firkin big rudder under there somewhere, and 3 keels.

Having said that, I was berated once for speeding past a moored boat, when I was at absolute tickover with a Honda 15 powering the craft, GPS said <1 MPH.

on the subject of Tenders, Fuzzyduckling is shortly being treated to a brand new Honda 9.9, at that point she'll be insured and licensed in her own right, as she will no longer be being kept on the cabin roof. Having spoken to BW, I'm keeping the 4HP for canal use, so she can be used as a portable powered boat on both rivers and canals.

Edited by fuzzyduck

You seem to be at odds with the majority on here both in outlook and attitude....

I didn't get the memo, can someone tell me what the group think is please?

Never, life isnt for taking seriously. :lol:

If i ever get as old and boring as some of you lot shoot me please. :lol:

Ok take a number and get behind me the rest of you. :lol:

I don't think its a case of age being boring, I have often found the most childish and disagreeable people are older, in fact other than the average corner inhabiting scrote, the worst behaviour and treatment of others I have seen in ages has been on a few of these threads. Bullying tactics in a school playground has nothing on some of the picking and bickering that goes on here but what the hell....has anyone else noticed how the most abusive threads usually have at least half a dozen people reading them at once, whereas threads like "how do I stop condensation in the back of the left phalagy in the outer casing of my fridge" usually dry up after one or two wise answers.

So long may it last. They keep us normal, ordinary polite and generally inoffensive people entertained - a bit of sort of social voyerism (spelling) but if I am too polite be be nasty it does not mean I cant enjoy watching someone else spit their dummy out. Its like ratty little dogs (those chiwawa - those mexican things) squaring up to each other. Really fun to watch.

As most boats contain accommodation, there is always the chance that the occupants of a moored boat are in the process of cooking, dishing out hot food, pouring boiling water to make tea or carrying out similar activities that would become extremely hazardous if their boat was to be subjected to an unexpected, sudden and violent movement - this often occurs when a passing boat is travelling too fast - even when the boat is properly tied up. The situation is only made more hazardous where inexperienced boaters have failed to secure their craft properly.

When in charge of any vessel navigating the inland waterways, it is safe, considerate and sensible to make sure that your boat moves through the water sufficiently slowly to avoid causing danger or damage to the occupants of moored boats and their property.

Failure to observe this simple and easily understood protocol is inexcusable and shows a selfish disregard for the safety of other waterway users.

Any boat found not navigating on the River Thames without due care and attention could be prosecuted under section 97. Recent actions by one boater found himself in court and recieving a large fine.

The most committed troll I have ever seen. No other troll has ever been so dedicated to their cause. And that has to be admired and respected. I for one applaud your endeavors. ;-)

------------------------------------------------------------------

"Any boat found not navigating on the River Thames without due care and attention could be prosecuted under section 97. Recent actions by one boater found himself in court and recieving a large fine"

Yes - doing 30mph in a seagoing powerboat. Arrested by a policeman in a patrol car who happened to be driving by the river. What are the chances of that happening!

Edited by WJM