Diesel Theft in Linslade

Rivers

Featured Posts

Last night as normal i started up the boat,the misses said could i go to tescos for some thing,half why round i got a text saying the engine sounds funny so i have turned it off.when i got back i tryed to start it no chance so i checked the oil it was a bit low so i topped it up,try again nothing after an hour and flatterning the battery i check the fuel line from the tank guess what the 100 ltrs i put in at the weekend wasnt there some F--ing git had nicked the lot,i know times are hard at the moment but its hard times for all of us.time to get a lock for the filler cap.........

Last night as normal i started up the boat,the misses said could i go to tescos for some thing,half why round i got a text saying the engine sounds funny so i have turned it off.when i got back i tryed to start it no chance so i checked the oil it was a bit low so i topped it up,try again nothing after an hour and flatterning the battery i check the fuel line from the tank guess what the 100 ltrs i put in at the weekend wasnt there some F--ing git had nicked the lot,i know times are hard at the moment but its hard times for all of us.time to get a lock for the filler cap.........

Sorry to hear that - thieving b*****ds! I really hate thieves.

Bit late now for this theft, I know but there is a lengthy thread on lockable filler caps here:

http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=15786

Stewey

guess what the 100 ltrs i put in at the weekend wasnt there some git had nicked the lot,i know times are hard at the moment but its hard times for all of us.time to get a lock for the filler cap.........

Linslade does seem to be a problem area, a friend who moored there (by TesCo) in the summer, had his fuel lock throughly tested by diesel thieves.

Have you reported it to the police? Weight of evidence etc....

I doubt many locks would stop them if they were determined. The main advantage I see with locks is that you can see when they've be broken off and what that may mean. Not nice, but preferable to running out of diesel on a river or in the middle of nowhere.

When I had some nicked I ran out half way p the Hatton flight, luckily we have a Dickinson heater that runs from a 6 gallon day hank in the engine room.

Have you reported it to the police? Weight of evidence etc....

yes i have they have given me a phone number in case anything else happens,BW have been informed but they wont do anything .

Hi,

Linslade does seem to be a problem area, a friend who moored there (by TesCo) in the summer, had his fuel lock throughly tested by diesel thieves.

Leo

it could be the road acess by tescos and further down

Hi,

Leo

If this is a problem area then it may be a reasonable theory that someone lives around there who gets their fuel supplies this way.

Leave a jerrycan of fuel available with a couple of tins of brasso in it, the theif will stop stealing fuel when they no longer have an engine.

If this is a problem area then it may be a reasonable theory that someone lives around there who gets their fuel supplies this way.

Leave a jerrycan of fuel available with a couple of tins of brasso in it, the theif will stop stealing fuel when they no longer have an engine.

Now that IS subtle :lol:

Hi,

Leo

Hi

What sort of Fuel Lock was it and did it stop them? I have just fitted a Fuelock last weekend!

/Geoff

Hi

What sort of Fuel Lock was it and did it stop them? I have just fitted a Fuelock last weekend!

/Geoff

Geoff,

Hope you are well, I was a PParts one, He has replaced it with a Fuel lock type.

Hope that helps, have a good Christmas

Leo.

a_home-diesel1.jpg

On the Fuelock subject, the cheapest way to get one if you are Forum member and are registered for your 10% discount card with www.canalboatbits is to go sign in using your discount number and ordering directly from there.

You do get 10% off nearly everything if you register!!! (People don't and quite often pay the extra 10% :lol: )

if you are Forum member and are registered for your 10% discount card with www.canalboatbits is to go sign in using your discount number and ordering directly from there.

You do get 10% off nearly everything if you register!!! (People don't and quite often pay the extra 10% :lol: )

The registration form says discount is normally available after a minimum £1000 order is placed. As I'm only likely to be buying a fuelock for now, is it worth it? Or do you actually give the discount anyway?

The registration form says discount is normally available after a minimum £1000 order is placed. As I'm only likely to be buying a fuelock for now, is it worth it? Or do you actually give the discount anyway?

It actually says-

We would like to welcome members of the Canal World Discussion Forums and offer you the membership of our discount scheme, this entitles you to a 10% discount when you place a minimum order to the value of £25.00

(This is normally only available after a minimum £1,000.00 order is placed.)

So in theory you only need to spend £25.00 to get discount where lesser mortals normally need to spend £1000.00. In actual fact since I wrote the code for the discount scheme it doesn't even look at the amount spend for members so you will get 10% off anything that is subject to discount and that is more or less everything except audio video stuff and a few items that are subject to strange order terms. (Don't let on I skimped on the coding!) :lol:

It actually says-

We would like to welcome members of the Canal World Discussion Forums and offer you the membership of our discount scheme, this entitles you to a 10% discount when you place a minimum order to the value of £25.00

(This is normally only available after a minimum £1,000.00 order is placed.)

So in theory you only need to spend £25.00 to get discount where lesser mortals normally need to spend £1000.00. In actual fact since I wrote the code for the discount scheme it doesn't even look at the amount spend for members so you will get 10% off anything that is subject to discount and that is more or less everything except audio video stuff and a few items that are subject to strange order terms. (Don't let on I skimped on the coding!) :lol:

The Fuel Lock looks the way for me and a few others along here, one of whom had 60 ltrs nicked, does the fuel lock now also come in 50mm size?

cheers

Phil

• 2 weeks later...

well im from leighton buzzard and often take the dog for a walk @ tescos... and to be fair there are many other places i could think of staying that right by tesco.. LB is quite a good town but i have heard a lot of bad things.

if in doubt travel 1 lock down and moor near the local pub down there or somthing.

ross