Toilet cassettes

Bon

Featured Posts

Well our only working cassette decided to break last night, so does anyone know a cheap and reliable source for them?

Thanks in advance.

Bon

Complete units often come up on eBay, although I got both of mine from the ads in the local paper.

Most chandleries sell them but quite frankly the difference between a complete unit and a spare tank does not make buying a tank on it's own worth it. Eventually you will have to replace the seals in the top unity and they are not cheap.

Edited to add:- I assumed that you were talking about a Porta Potti holding tank, but have just re-read your question. not sure that my response actually answers your point.

Edited by David Schweizer

Worth checking on Ebay. We got a hardly used (and very clean) Thetford C400 with cassette for about £100 a year ago for our trip boat. The guy selling them gets them, I think, from caravans which are being broken up. At that price, I reckonned that it would be worth any cleaning I had to do :lol: I donned the Marigolds, put the unit in the bath and used the shower head. I think we downloaded installation instructions from the Thetford web site. These Thetfords now come so that the cassette can emerge from either the right or left but the old ones , I underdstand, had to have a cassette of the correct orientation.

Haggis

Well our only working cassette decided to break last night, so does anyone know a cheap and reliable source for them?

Thanks in advance.

Bon

Define broken.

Unless the tank has actually fractured, just about any other fault can be fixed.

Have replaced all seals on both my cassettes plus the screw caps and the float valves on the air vent to stop that leaking when you pick it up. Due to boat having been left unused for some time by old owner before we bought it, seals etc had dried out. There are several people on ebay who sell thetford cassette spares.

Thanks for all the replies....

Defining broken.... i think she was jumping up and down on it by the state of all the bits of plastic floating around with all the bits of ...... :lol:

The other cassette suffers from a unique ability to be able to leak ... :lol: into the store room, they are both 8+ years old now, so i think they have served us well!

Thanks to a member of this forum, we now have 2 brand new cassettes on way for the price of a single one from some online shops! Thank yous go out to our knight(ess) in shining armour! :lol:

Marc :lol:

Defining broken.... i think she was jumping up and down on it by the state of all the bits of plastic floating around with all the bits of ...... :lol:

The other cassette suffers from a unique ability to be able to leak ... :lol: into the store room, they are both 8+ years old now, so i think they have served us well!

Thanks to a member of this forum, we now have 2 brand new cassettes on way for the price of a single one from some online shops! Thank yous go out to our knight(ess) in shining armour! :lol:

Ah, that sort of broken!

So, are you now going to give the other leaky cassette a service? A new lip seal and a new pressure relief valve usually does the trick.

The other one leaks because we decided to replace various seals as it was getting a bit smelly. Now it doesn't smell at all in the bathroom, but the puddles of :lol: in the store room aren't the most pleasant!

No idea where it's leaking from, but with 2 new ones on the way we'll just retire them and wave them a fond farewell :lol:

Marc.

Thanks for all the advice, my blokey has pretty much told you everything to answer all the questions but i'd just like to say that i didn't jump up and down on it....i may shake it a bit too vigorously when emptying it tho, some of those poo's do get a bit attached to us i think :lol:

Bon

Thanks for all the advice, my blokey has pretty much told you everything to answer all the questions but i'd just like to say that i didn't jump up and down on it....i may shake it a bit too vigorously when emptying it tho, some of those poo's do get a bit attached to us i think :lol:

more curries in the menu will sort that :lol:

Bon

Edited by denboy

• 1 year later...

Hi Marc,

I just read your post on spare Thetford cassettes - I am in the same position of needing replacements - can you remember where you sourced them from at such a good price?

Thanks - Davo

Hi Marc,

I just read your post on spare Thetford cassettes - I am in the same position of needing replacements - can you remember where you sourced them from at such a good price?

Thanks - Davo

I have not seen Marc post on the forum in quite a while, so you may not get a reply.

You could try a personal message, just in case he still lurks.

Marc ;)

Don't forget the captains log! :lol:

I'm surprised you still use cassettes. Most people seem to have switched to CD's and digital music

I think you'll find that the problem with C200 cassettes is that there is just to much tape to wind round the rollers in the cassette. It always ends up jamming in the played and you end up with a god almighty mess.

Best stick with C60's. An hours worth of music is plenty.

:lol: