what a beautiful lday

stuart23

Featured Posts

popped up to see if my boat was floating...started the engine ....and went for a cruise....it was such a beautiful day...didn't go far just upto the next lock, turned round, moored up , had lunch ...and fell asleep....cruised back to mooring and came home...but it feels like I've been away a few days...it was such a beautiful day....

popped up to see if my boat was floating...started the engine ....and went for a cruise....it was such a beautiful day...didn't go far just upto the next lock, turned round, moored up , had lunch ...and fell asleep....cruised back to mooring and came home...but it feels like I've been away a few days...it was such a beautiful day....

Well thanks for that, I feel a lot better - NOT :clapping:

Can't get to my boat for another month! - you lucky Bugger!

Alex

A wonderful day here - Daughter rang to ask if I would be free for a hire trip in April as she was getting canal/boating withdrawal symptoms - she's pregnant so we won't get to go in September as usual when baby will be due.

Still in the planning stage for that idea but we took the dog for a walk up the Downs at Storrington and saw a Brimstone butterfly. I've reported it to the local Butterfly group - probably a first of the year for West Sussex.

edited for clarity

Edited by Christine

Certainly a most refreshing day, spoilt for us by a 'no show' due to be viewing our house today, otherwise we'd av been on the boat. Still, always tomorrow!!

Has anyone else noticed that we've had a warm weekend in February around this time (Valentines day-ish) for the last 10 years?

(Just catching up on Waterworld from thursday, don't know why I'm bothering, it isn't a BAFTA award winner, this one!)

Agreed, lovely day. Didn't manage to get on a boat but did walk the Nottingham to Beeston cut thingy - fantastic! Not much moving but great to be near the water anyway.

How many Turtles did you spot Ben?

(that's Turtles as in the hard shell type, not the 'Richard' type btw)

Hasn't it just been a wonderful day? Even took my coat of for the first time in ages as me and the OCM came back up the Aylesbury Arm. Beutiful Sunset, too.

You made it then. Did it all go to plan?

Brilliant day to be moving again, where you of to now? :clapping:

Alex

I've spent today on a working party with my local angling club, laying new paths and generally tidying up our local pond ready for the new season.

The weather was fabulous. Who'd have thought that we'd be out in t-shirts in the middle of February? We've had clear blue skies and blazing sunshine all day. Absolutely glorious.

Saw a couple of Red Admiral flutterbies, and too many ladybirds to count. A day to remember.

Janet

Just back home from a 4 hour sail on the Bridgewater Canal, a bit chilly this morning but warm and sunny later on.

Only problem is the engine overheated 15 minutes from our mooringon the way back. Stopped the engine, ran off all the hot water and tightened the filler cap when it had cooled off.

Got back to mooring without any further problems.

Steve

Agreed! Absolutely Wonderful week-end! Saw a flutterby yesterday afternoon, and even saw some seals basking in the brilliant sunshine, adjacent to their watercraft! (Boat folk, but the men had their hats off, exposing their wan, white pates to the thermal rays, and even the women were in skirts and tee-shirts, exposing their winter whitened limbs to the early spring sunshine!).

Wonderful :clapping:

Edited by Byeckerslike

It has indeed been a truly gorgeous weekend to be by the canal.

I managed to get a good long walk in on Saturday along a pretty bit of towpath with camera in hand and then got a chance to do some crusing too.

A marvellous opportunity to think and de stress after a horrid week at work.

Will have a look of any of my photos turned out ok. Not had a chance to upload them yet

Spent the weekend using an angle grisder to wire brush the base plate of 'Fulbourne' If there was any sun it didn't make it through the clouds of dust!

Tim

Although back at work after travelling through pea soup to get here, still on a real high after getting loads of Vitamin D in the form of glorious sunshine. This is what its all about - un-tying the boat, spending a couple of hours going somewhere you've never been, stopping for lunch, drinking wine outside in the sun, slowly making your way back followed by a beautiful sunset. God I love my life!!