how the hell do thy know

pollyjim

Featured Posts

I READ THAT BW MOVE YOU ON IF YOU ARE IN ONE PLACE TO LONG,SOMEONE TELL ME HOW DO THY FIND YOU AND DO THY TRAVEL ALL THE WATERWAYS TO DO THE SAME, CRIST THY MUST HAVE A LOT OF PEOPLE LOOKING FOR YOU,LET ME KNOW AS I NEED ALL THE INFO THANKS JIM,

Please don't shout. It's late and you will wake the children!

Nick

I READ THAT BW MOVE YOU ON IF YOU ARE IN ONE PLACE TO LONG,SOMEONE TELL ME HOW DO THY FIND YOU AND DO THY TRAVEL ALL THE WATERWAYS TO DO THE SAME, CRIST THY MUST HAVE A LOT OF PEOPLE LOOKING FOR YOU,LET ME KNOW AS I NEED ALL THE INFO THANKS JIM,

duhhh !! I can't imagine :D:D:)

and where does Jesus figure in this? I'm not religious but I don't understand the connection.

You obviously have not heard of Towpath Patrol Wardens.

hey up polly

your not asking for info so as to try and avoid our knights in shining armour are you?

Is it me or are they getting hotter on this?
One would hope so, there are too many unlicensed and probably uninsured vaguely mobile chicanes out there.
duhhh !! I can't imagine :D:D:) and where does Jesus figure in this? I'm not religious but I don't understand the connection.
It's not Jesus it's probably Charlie Crist, Current Florida State attorney general and Republican candidate for Governor.

I've noticed a change lately too...

Sadly they don't seem to have got any quicker at dealing with licence renewals - we are still waiting for our 2008 Gold Licence to come through - sent the forms back a month ago and when we phoned them we were told someone would ring us back - that was a week ago and we have still heard nothing . . .

:)

Well I have no complaints with the licensing deptartment at all. Because my boat is not on BW waters for 6 months, I only require a 6 month licence. Last year, I stayed at Southrey while Roy moved to Chapel, so I required a license as mine ran out after September. As there is a 6 month license and a 7 month season, common sense is used, as the boats at Boston miss out on 2 weeks of April, and 2 weeks of October.

I applied for my temporary license in the afternoon, and it was through my door the next day, when the postman came at noon. Little did I know it would cause me to have to apply as a new customer, so this April I stayed on the Kyme, getting a license from May to October.

I applied for my number as my boat was previously unregistered, and that too came within a few days.

So I have to award the licensing dept. 4 stars. Can't give them 5 as they didn't send my insurance certificate back, but did send me a license to display.

Well I have no complaints with the licensing deptartment at all. Because my boat is not on BW waters for 6 months, I only require a 6 month licence. Last year, I stayed at Southrey while Roy moved to Chapel, so I required a license as mine ran out after September. As there is a 6 month license and a 7 month season, common sense is used, as the boats at Boston miss out on 2 weeks of April, and 2 weeks of October.

I applied for my temporary license in the afternoon, and it was through my door the next day, when the postman came at noon. Little did I know it would cause me to have to apply as a new customer, so this April I stayed on the Kyme, getting a license from May to October.

I applied for my number as my boat was previously unregistered, and that too came within a few days.

So I have to award the licensing dept. 4 stars. Can't give them 5 as they didn't send my insurance certificate back, but did send me a license to display.

Just wait until you have to renew it next time, The licencing department moved to Leeds recently and they have difficulty in remembering the way to the Post Office. It took them 19 days to post a letter reminding me that my renewal was due. In the meantime I had got another form from Watford and sent it to them, they sent it to Leeds, that was twenty days ago, and I have heard nothing yet,.

Now for the good part, You cannot phone Leeds to enquire whether your cheque and form has arrived, and they would not know anyway because BW have ceased the practice of recording incoming mail containing cheques, but don't worry, they do not submit the cheque for payment until the licence is issued. (their words)

So what do you do if your licence does not arrive after four weeks? and what happens if they have lost your first application, or it has not arrived, do you still get your early payment discount?

They have secret agents like me. Stay to long and I'll grass you up. Rules are there for everyone so use em. Think its bloody christmas everyday some folk. Bah Humbug

Just wait until you have to renew it next time, The licencing department moved to Leeds recently and they have difficulty in remembering the way to the Post Office.

Well if it's that bad, soon there will be what? a quarter of the boats with out of date licenses ...... don't see much point in getting one if I can't display it, and I'm sure lock keepers can't stop passage of every boat not displaying an up to date license while they phone and check, if it's every one in four or five.

I think you'll find the situation will have improved by the middle of next summer.

Just wait until you have to renew it next time, The licencing department moved to Leeds recently and they have difficulty in remembering the way to the Post Office. It took them 19 days to post a letter reminding me that my renewal was due. In the meantime I had got another form from Watford and sent it to them, they sent it to Leeds, that was twenty days ago, and I have heard nothing yet,.

Now for the good part, You cannot phone Leeds to enquire whether your cheque and form has arrived, and they would not know anyway because BW have ceased the practice of recording incoming mail containing cheques, but don't worry, they do not submit the cheque for payment until the licence is issued. (their words)

So what do you do if your licence does not arrive after four weeks? and what happens if they have lost your first application, or it has not arrived, do you still get your early payment discount?

That wasn't what they told me on the phone. If they're no longer recording when licence applications arrive how would they even know whether to apply the prompt payment discount?

I sent my application in early December which was due to expire at the end of this month/year and haven't heard anything. It certainly seems like Leeds isn't as efficient as Watford. Could just be Xmas post, but my bank managed to send me a new debit card and that was only requested a few days ago.

What's happened to Willow Grange anyway? Has it been sold off?

They did cause me to go overdrawn two or three years ago, for the first, and only time. Must have been a couple of weeks after I had my license, and the cheque had not been cashed. I keep my bank to a minimum, leaving £100 or so, just to pay the direct debits, so regularly check to see if it's ok.

Well I went £2 or so overdrawn, and they charged me £25. Reduced it to £12 when I inquired, and explained, but I was not amused all the same.

That wasn't what they told me on the phone. If they're no longer recording when licence applications arrive how would they even know whether to apply the prompt payment discount?

I sent my application in early December which was due to expire at the end of this month/year and haven't heard anything. It certainly seems like Leeds isn't as efficient as Watford. Could just be Xmas post, but my bank managed to send me a new debit card and that was only requested a few days ago.

What's happened to Willow Grange anyway? Has it been sold off?

That was my point, but it seemed to fall on deaf ears, they said to guarantee it, I should send the applicationn recorded delivery. They told me that after I had posted it!!

Simple.......their staff walk work on the riverbank.

After the last reorganisation each waterway was going to appoint a dedicated Bank Walking Team . This was ostensibly to be an ongoing inspection system whereby they could pick up on maintenance problems quickly which would be then passed to the engineers or maintenance reactive team to deal with. I dont know if all business units introduced the system but certainly Wales & Border Counties did and I think they have about 5 people who each have to cover about 8 kilometres of towpath every working day.

Simple.......their staff walk work on the riverbank.

After the last reorganisation each waterway was going to appoint a dedicated Bank Walking Team . This was ostensibly to be an ongoing inspection system whereby they could pick up on maintenance problems quickly which would be then passed to the engineers or maintenance reactive team to deal with. I dont know if all business units introduced the system but certainly Wales & Border Counties did and I think they have about 5 people who each have to cover about 8 kilometres of towpath every working day.

Sadly they don't seem to have got any quicker at dealing with licence renewals - we are still waiting for our 2008 Gold Licence to come through - sent the forms back a month ago and when we phoned them we were told someone would ring us back - that was a week ago and we have still heard nothing . . .:D
I would suggest that you call customer services on 01923 201120 on 2nd January and chase it. If you sent it in months ago it was probably before the licensing dept moved up to Leeds. A lot could have happened between Watford and Leeds :-)D
That's because they ask you to send a copy, not the original as they don't return any documents unless specifically requested in writing with the application.I believe now that all the paperwork is being scanned and the original paperwork gets shredded. Takes up less storage space if it's all on a computer system.HTHD

That was my point, but it seemed to fall on deaf ears, they said to guarantee it, I should send the applicationn recorded delivery. They told me that after I had posted it!!

Well, if what you're saying is right, since they now don't have systems in place to show whether an application arrived on time (other than the postmark), in a case where there's any uncertainty I think they're legally obliged to give the customer the benefit of the doubt and apply the discount.

Edited by blackrose

On the South GU. every section has a warden appointed to the area, controlled from Milton Keynes branch office.

The wardens are usually boaters like ourselves and get paid by B.W. for "controlling" their section and making sure that no-one overstays.

During 2007, I had three accidents and ended up at different times with damaged legs and a fractured bone (7 weeks off work) 2 cracked ribs (5 weeks off) and a sprained wrist which all stopped my from cruising. I contacted MK dept each time. They were most helpful and understanding and didn't hassle me at all during these periods.

Personally, I don't know why they are so insistent on "moving on" every 14 days out of season. I can quite understand it though in the "cruising season" as everyone should have a slice of the best moorings and visitor centers and it is not fair to overstay in the popular places.

All the best for 2008 boating. ~Allan~

Edited by Pengalanty