Boat heating

Flipflop

Featured Posts

Looks like a multifuel stove. Below the door handle on the left there is a handle for a grate riddler. A wood burner would not need to have a grate riddler. You only need this if you are burning coal based fuels. 

Looking through the glass it seems like a flat surface not a grate which confuses things. Perhaps the fire has never been used. No flue seems a bit of a giveaway. 

Electric ?

Google lens AI image recognition sees an electric fire 

https://www.shpock.com/en-gb/i/XC_dyJtlJQpiMsHC/electric-log-burner-effect-fire-new-unopened

Also Royalfire multifuel of course ! 

Robert Dyas have it as a wood and charcoal burning stove which is slightly intriguing 

https://www.robertdyas.co.uk/royal-fire-55kw-cast-iron-wood-and-charcoal-burning-stove

"This stove has a capacity of up to 4.5kW output and can be fuelled by multiple sources such as Wood, Charcoal and Smokeless Fuel."

Definitely that one I think. 

349605_1.jpg

I have one of these exact stoves in one of my boats. While it works passably well, everything about it screams "CHEAP". 

Which seeing the Robert Dias price, it is. For a stove costing just £279 retail I'd say it is excellent value for money and a far better 'poor man's Squirrel' than the Boatman Stove by Northern Fabrications. 

Robert Dyas site says:

Features:

• Up to 4.5kW Heat Output
  • Fuelled by Wood, Charcoal or Smokeless Fuel
  • Multiple Flue Positions; Top or Rear
  • Longer Burn with our Air Vent Control System
  • Convenient Removable Ash Pan Design

So, perhaps, Multifuel.

Edited by Peanut
typo

Yes it is a multifuel stove. 

I'm still a bit intrigued by the image in the OP. It may just be a reflection but it sort of looks like a flat surface rather than a grate. 

IMG_20231212_220357.jpg.31a11ee0899bf7d077b0b93f7d6a1eb5.jpg

Not quite sure what to make of that. 

Is there an object in the fire? 

2 hours ago, magnetman said:

Looks like a multifuel stove. Below the door handle on the left there is a handle for a grate riddler. A wood burner would not need to have a grate riddler. You only need this if you are burning coal based fuels. 

Looking through the glass it seems like a flat surface not a grate which confuses things. Perhaps the fire has never been used. No flue seems a bit of a giveaway. 

Electric ?

Google lens AI image recognition sees an electric fire 

https://www.shpock.com/en-gb/i/XC_dyJtlJQpiMsHC/electric-log-burner-effect-fire-new-unopened

Also Royalfire multifuel of course ! 

Robert Dyas have it as a wood and charcoal burning stove which is slightly intriguing 

https://www.robertdyas.co.uk/royal-fire-55kw-cast-iron-wood-and-charcoal-burning-stove

"This stove has a capacity of up to 4.5kW output and can be fuelled by multiple sources such as Wood, Charcoal and Smokeless Fuel."

Definitely that one I think. 

349605_1.jpg

Made in China.

2 hours ago, Flipflop said:

Could someone tell me what we’ve got on our shell multi fuel or wood burner thanks.

IMG_2023-12-12-194445.jpeg

Made in China. I've installed a few. The door hinge, knobs and little harps in relief on the top corners are typical

• Greenie 1

Many yars ago while searching in old disused dumps I noticed that disposable items were made of China. 

Now they are made IN China. 

Having said that the Chinese do know how to make good stuff. Everyone can make good quality gear but one does wonder about the whole recycling circle and how it could be beneficial to create a system whereby you sell something and it comes back to you as scrap as soon as possible. 

4 minutes ago, magnetman said:

Many yars ago while searching in old disused dumps I noticed that disposable items were made of China. 

Now they are made IN China. 

Having said that the Chinese do know how to make good stuff. Everyone can make good quality gear but one does wonder about the whole recycling circle and how it could be beneficial to create a system whereby you sell something and it comes back to you as scrap as soon as possible. 

Indeed, They're atoves are bomb proof and much better quality and thicker cast iron than the likes of Morso Expensive.

2 hours ago, MtB said:

I have one of these exact stoves in one of my boats. While it works passably well, everything about it screams "CHEAP". 

Which seeing the Robert Dias price, it is. For a stove costing just £279 retail I'd say it is excellent value for money and a far better 'poor man's Squirrel' than the Boatman Stove by Northern Fabrications. 

Go on, I'll bite, what's wrong with a Boatman stove in your eyes? No riddler? 

4 hours ago, magnetman said:

Now they are made IN China in large part for the western market.

... but one does wonder about the whole recycling circle and how it could be beneficial to create a system whereby you sell something and it comes back to you as scrap as soon as possible. 

You want us to send all our waste back to China? Well some of it does go back but that creates huge environmental issues. Surely the countries buying and using the products should be doing the recycling themselves to save on the impacts of all that additional return shipping and also to maintain a level of visibility & due diligence. We know that a lot of stuff being sent from Europe back to the Far East for recycling isn't being recycled.

Edited by blackrose

7 hours ago, blackrose said:

You want us to send all our waste back to China? Well some of it does go back but that creates huge environmental issues. Surely the countries buying and using the products should be doing the recycling themselves to save on the impacts of all that additional return shipping and also to maintain a level of visibility & due diligence. We know that a lot of stuff being sent from Europe back to the Far East for recycling isn't being recycled.

But what is the point or us recycling scrap when we can't use it because we dont make anything