Escaped prisoner detained on canal towpath

Heartland

Featured Posts

The BBC News reported

Daniel Khalife has been charged with escaping from Wandsworth prison, after his four days on the run came to an end on Saturday.

The 21-year-old former soldier is due to appear in Westminster Magistrates' Court on Monday.

He was arrested on a towpath in Northolt after being pulled off a bicycle by a plain-clothed officer.

This young man caused quite an important search for him

But how was he caught on a bicycle by a plain-clothed police officer? 

Half the Met police force were deployed, no expense spared 

He has very distinct facial characteristics and half the population of London were looking for him. No doubt someone dialled 999 and reported him 

Edited by LadyG

1 hour ago, Heartland said:

But how was he caught on a bicycle by a plain-clothed police officer? 

Massive public response, according to the Met big cheese on the radio. In the four days they had over 100 sightings of him reported, apparently, and every one of them followed up.

Just now, MtB said:

Massive public response, according to the Met big cheese on the radio. In the four days they had over 100 sightings of him reported, apparently, and every one of them followed up.

He was caught at the canal bridge nearest to me -- if I hadn't been not going out on the bike because it was too hot, maybe I'd have caught him... 😉

• Greenie 1

1 minute ago, IanD said:

He was caught at the canal bridge nearest to me -- if I hadn't been not going out on the bike because it was too hot, maybe I'd have caught him... 😉

Missed £20,000 there then Ian.  What happened to the bike?  Where did he get cash and a mobile from.. not you I hope!

3 minutes ago, MtB said:

Indeed, but all the later credible sightings were in Chiswick, and then he turns up several miles to the north with a waiting plain clothes policeman to nab him. So I suspect there is a lot the police haven't told us about how they tracked him to the towpath.

3 minutes ago, Tracy D'arth said:

Missed £20,000 there then Ian.  What happened to the bike?  Where did he get cash and a mobile from.. not you I hope!

I know, sad isn't it -- if it hadn't been 30+ degrees I could have been minted. Don't carry cash so no chance of that, mobile would have gone into the cut like the last one... 😉

Edited by IanD

• 2 weeks later...