Heritage boats

Bromleyxphil

Featured Posts

Looks a well kept boat for a 2011 build, fitout looks like it has been done professionally, using solid oak and quality materials. Recent paint job?? The fitout looks in great nick for 2011, no dark water staining to any of the Oak from what I can see, looks too good for 2011, un-used. 
 It looks a good solid boat, Cratch/Pram covers, good engine make/Hp, inverter, bow thruster, solar, everything you need really for enjoyable cruising. Price? Some may say slightly high for the age, but prices are high for decent boats, it looks well maintained and ready to go. The decision is yours, you need to view and if your happy buy. I wouldn’t view too many and “hum & hah” too much, as decent boats tend to go quick no matter the price.

Edited by BoatinglifeupNorth

37 minutes ago, BoatinglifeupNorth said:

I think it should be 2x 150w as 300Kw would be house/commercial size??

That begs the question, ‘how big is the house that has 300kW of solar on its roof?   300kW is firmly in solar farm territory.

19 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

300Kw is 300,000 watts.

You'd need a big field to install all that.

Guessing you mean 300w.needed to get 150kW

You are guessing wrong - I didn't mean 300W to get to 150kW at all…. The '2 x 150kW solar panels' is taken from the broker’s sales blurb.

3 hours ago, Bromleyxphil said:

I will be more specific.  Anyone know anything about this boat https://www.nationwideboatsales.co.uk/shop/tranquility/

'How much roof space do 2 x 150kW solar panels take up?' was a rather tongue in cheek question based on the broker's sales blurb .  Quite clearly it should read 2 x 150W solar panels.

Edited by FredDrift

5 minutes ago, FredDrift said:

That begs the question, ‘how big is the house that has 300Kw of solar on its roof?   300Kw is firmly in solar farm territory.

You are guessing wrong - I didn't mean 300W to get to 150kW at all…. The '2 x 150kW solar panels' is taken from the broker’s sales blurb.

How much roof space do 2 x 150kW solar panels take up was a rather tongue in cheek question.  Quite clearly it should read 2 x 150W solar panels.

It might come with a 2 acre field :)

• Happy 1

2 hours ago, Bromleyxphil said:

No tractors, no solar farm! Just an office mistake I think.   Does anyone know anything about the boat or builder?

cheers

Phil

The builder is long gone, the boat looks alright, speak to the broker and ask him your questions and go and view if your serious, hanging around on here and waiting for information and it’ll be gone. It looks a well fitted out boat, but I’m just going by the photos.

47 minutes ago, Tonka said:

Isn't Heritage Boats at Scholar Green on the Macclesfield Canal and part of Sherborne Wharf in Birmingham.

According to the previous Thread they went bust? There seams to be a few Heritage Boats. The OP would be better off phoning the broker to get any info, as he may get responses regarding the wrong “Heritage Boats”

It really looks like a decent boat.

It does need blacking/ epoxy as it was last done in 2000. Its usual to need blacking doing biannually but this often slips when owners start to loose interest/ are mulling over selling it or get on in years. You possibly could negotiate the price down on that one. I guess it could question whether the “regular servicing” is a regular 5 year service but maybe it’s been used very little in the last couple of years. 

It’s all down to what you want from a boat really. 

As others have said good boats often sell fast so don’t ponder for too long. You often immediately know what’s right for you so maybe the delay means you are not so sure? 

23 minutes ago, Stroudwater1 said:

It really looks like a decent boat.

It does need blacking/ epoxy as it was last done in 2000. Its usual to need blacking doing biannually but this often slips when owners start to loose interest/ are mulling over selling it or get on in years. You possibly could negotiate the price down on that one. I guess it could question whether the “regular servicing” is a regular 5 year service but maybe it’s been used very little in the last couple of years. 

It’s all down to what you want from a boat really. 

As others have said good boats often sell fast so don’t ponder for too long. You often immediately know what’s right for you so maybe the delay means you are not so sure? 

It was blacked 2020, so should be ok. It does look almost un-used everything inside looks a little too good for a 2011 boat. I would be interested in the engine hours.

1 hour ago, BoatinglifeupNorth said:

It was blacked 2020, so should be ok. It does look almost un-used everything inside looks a little too good for a 2011 boat. I would be interested in the engine hours.

My understanding is blacking ideally should be carried out every second year?
It definitely ought to be blacked this year ideally, otherwise depending when in 2000 it was blacked it could be four years between blacking which is too long surely? 

Unused doesn’t stop corrosion. 

2 minutes ago, Stroudwater1 said:

My understanding is blacking ideally should be carried out every second year?
It definitely ought to be blacked this year ideally, otherwise depending when in 2000 it was blacked it could be four years between blacking which is too long surely? 

Unused doesn’t stop corrosion. 

Not saying unused doesn’t stop corrosion, saying the boat looks unused as the interior is in good condition. 
  Not many people get their boats blacked ever two year, more common every four year from what I see, all depends on the person obviously.

Just now, BoatinglifeupNorth said:

Not saying unused doesn’t stop corrosion, saying the boat looks unused as the interior is in good condition. 
  Not many people get their boats blacked ever two year, more common every four year from what I see, all depends on the person obviously.

Not many people do which is presumably why not many boats have avoided pit welding or overplating by the age of 30. 

Fortunately epoxy appears to have resolved this question to an extent but even then not checking your epoxied boats hull every third year is rather unwise. A stitch in time and all that. 

This boat needs blacking this year or early next when warmer, 4 years is too long an interval surely. The point really is that the OP ought to try to get the cost of blacking off the sale price. If you look at Rugby boat sales it seems most of their boats have been blacked shortly before the sale. It’s often a bargaining area with a boats sale.