Heritage boats

Bromleyxphil

Featured Posts

The hull doesn’t look that bad, IF he puts an offer in and subsequent survey reveals major pitting then he decides the way forward. Most boats get blacked after the survey by the new owner, blackening alone is not really a big negotiation price changer

How often do you get your boat out of the water and blacked? every two year?

@Bromleyxphil when you viewed did the broker mention when the boat was completed?

As the CaRT number in the window, is not from a boat registered in 2011. That number number 527864 is about 2015 ish, may be the reason why it looks so clean inside????

Edited by BoatinglifeupNorth

8 hours ago, BoatinglifeupNorth said:

The hull doesn’t look that bad, IF he puts an offer in and subsequent survey reveals major pitting then he decides the way forward. Most boats get blacked after the survey by the new owner, blackening alone is not really a big negotiation price changer

How often do you get your boat out of the water and blacked? every two year?

@Bromleyxphil when you viewed did the broker mention when the boat was completed?

As the CaRT number in the window, is not from a boat registered in 2011. That number number 527864 is about 2015 ish, may be the reason why it looks so clean inside????

Ours was epoxied after pit welding. The previous owner was an every 4 years person, the anodes had disappeared completely bar the retaining straps. We have her booked in next year for reassessment just under three years from epoxy. Baseplate had lost quite a bit of depth too, never been blacked, epoxied now. 

I doubt there will be major pitting on this boat, its too new but there probably is needless corrosion.  I think you may find its about the only way to get any price reduction on a decent boat thats reasonably priced in the first place. I notice boats maybe aren't selling quite as fast as they were though. A friend recently bought a boat and likewise had her blacked as part of the deal. 

Interesting point and I agree it looks newer than stated. I would be surprised if it hung around for too long. 

41 minutes ago, Stroudwater1 said:

Interesting point and I agree it looks newer than stated. I would be surprised if it hung around for too long. 

That’s why I mentioned the index number, as that’s around 2015/16, maybe the broker got the year wrong like the solar panel wattage or a typo. The price looks a bit better for a 2016 boat. It looks a good boat with most things in situ to be enjoyable when cruising.

19 minutes ago, BoatinglifeupNorth said:

That’s why I mentioned the index number, as that’s around 2015/16, maybe the broker got the year wrong like the solar panel wattage or a typo. The price looks a bit better for a 2016 boat. It looks a good boat with most things in situ to be enjoyable when cruising.

The year of manufacture is incorporated into the RCD HIN / CIN 

HIN Numbering Format.png

8 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

The year of manufacture is incorporated into the RCD HIN / CIN 

HIN Numbering Format.png

Yes I know how it works, the sales brochure says 2011, the index number indicates it was CaRT registered 2015/16. That’s why I asked the OP if he asked when viewed, as it looks a bit too good nick for a 2011.

17 minutes ago, BoatinglifeupNorth said:

Yes I know how it works, the sales brochure says 2011, the index number indicates it was CaRT registered 2015/16. That’s why I asked the OP if he asked when viewed, as it looks a bit too good nick for a 2011.

Yes - I expected that you would know - but many will not, so it is a simple question for buyer to ask for the HIN / CIN and then he will have the definitive answer.

I have seen some brokers actually incorporate the HIN / CIN into the sales details.

2 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Yes - I expected that you would know - but many will not, so it is a simple question for buyer to ask for the HIN / CIN and then he will have the definitive answer.

I have seen some brokers actually incorporate the HIN / CIN into the sales details.

Yes, thats why I brought up the index number for the OP, the boat could be 5 years newer then he thought or the shell may of been bought 2011 and not completed/ put in the water till 2015/16. The other thing is the name and number is not showing on Boat Finder, all things that might be of interest to the OP, as it looks remarkably good for a 2011 boat.