Why?

Midnight

Featured Posts

Delivering a 62' boat back to High House Marina(now apparently Willows Marina due to new electric posts and Portacabin loo at the top of the drive)..

Willows is an old wharf with a dug out marina with finger pontoons at 90 degrees to the canal. It suffers from major silt issues as Alan Fincher describes..we know those issues, so know how to get boats back in there.

I approached,  steered left as you would do(admiring the blue flag thingy but thinking what a stupid place to fish). First, one and then a second blue sweatshirted persons waved frantically that I should move over.

Sorry, I'm delivering a boat back to its paid for mooring, not only marina but CRT 9% levy. 

As my back end brushed the bank, I did say to the CRT staff that it was a bit silly doing it opposite a marina, I probably inconvenienced about 4 posts.

Screenshot_20220821-214230_Gallery.jpg

20220821_215405.jpg

Edited by matty40s
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Delivering a 62' boat back to High House Marina(now apparently Willows Marina due to new electric posts and Portacabin loo at the top of the drive)..

Willows is an old wharf with a dug out marina with finger pontoons at 90 degrees to the canal. It suffers from major silt issues as Alan Fincher describes..we know those issues, so know how to get boats back in there.

I approached,  steered left as you would do(admiring the blue flag thingy but thinking what a stupid place to fish). First, one and then a second blue sweatshirted persons waved frantically that I should move over.

Sorry, I'm delivering a boat back to its paid for mooring, not only marina but CRT 9% levy. 

As my back end brushed the bank, I did say to the CRT staff that it was a bit silly doing it opposite a marina, I probably inconvenienced about 4 posts.

20220821_215405.jpg

Who on Earth would be daft enough to moor that massively over-long monster in that location?.................

Oh, hang on, wait a minute!.................

• Happy 1

On 20/08/2022 at 21:30, MartynG said:

I have had fewer rude remarks from fishists recently. 

I nearly fell off the back of my boat in shock on Friday cruising back to Newark after our travels - a very jolly fisherman on the Trent waved cheerfully and actually doffed his cap as we went past! I commented to my other half that he was the most friendly fisherman we had ever encountered.

To anyone planning on mooring in Nottingham near the Fellows Morton and Clayton bar they are doing Let's Fish on the following dates: 7am-5pm on 22nd & 30th August and 17th and 22nd October. This affects the bollards below the lock. Presumably there will be enough space available to use the landing. 

3 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

Who on Earth would be daft enough to moor that massively over-long monster in that location?.................

Oh, hang on, wait a minute!.................

I've signed back in just to give you a greènie if that's still allowed.

11 hours ago, matty40s said:

20220821_215405.jpg

Only four? You weren't trying hard enough... 😂🤣

11 hours ago, MrsM said:

I nearly fell off the back of my boat in shock on Friday cruising back to Newark after our travels - a very jolly fisherman on the Trent waved cheerfully and actually doffed his cap as we went past! I commented to my other half that he was the most friendly fisherman we had ever encountered.

To anyone planning on mooring in Nottingham near the Fellows Morton and Clayton bar they are doing Let's Fish on the following dates: 7am-5pm on 22nd & 30th August and 17th and 22nd October. This affects the bollards below the lock. Presumably there will be enough space available to use the landing. 

He had probably only just taken his misery pill and it hadn't taken effect yet... 🤣😂

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, MrsM said:

Probably just smoked his quota of weed for the day which was possibly a better quality than he was used to, or has only just taken up fishing and not used to all the rules yet ;) 

• Haha 1

I think the old chaps who fish opposite my mooring only do it so they can have a chat and tell me the story of their lives. All the lower Macc fishists are cheerful and friendly, but then I've never seen any of them catch a fish, so they not be proper fishermen, just nice blokes with a hobby.

Quite often on the water run from our mooring to Calverley services I encounter a fishing club match.I used to think the fisherpersons were waving me on until I realised they were pulling in their line in as they dont have reels on their overlong poles,