Photos of your boat.

DHutch

Featured Posts

Here you go (I hope). Still struggling with this flickr thing

Not a 'traditional' boat by any means, but we are very happy. The lighting is a bit clinical so we have added a couple of low level lamps in the saloon (and some other homely nick-nacks - pictures and stuff). The pics were taken just before we took ownership

Blimey! She's a stunner! You get her new?

Blimey! She's a stunner! You get her new?

Yes, we are the first owners. She was built speculatively by Cumbria Narrowboats (their first build hence the No1) so not to our spec. We came along after the boat had been on the market for a year or so, and were fortunate enough to secure her at a great price, particularly given the quality of the fit out and the fact it's a Tyler Wilson hull. We're over the moon smile.png

Good luck with your build, it must be nice to be able to specify exactly what you want. I presume from your pic she's a widebeam?

Lovely cabinet work.....Jealous....I can't dream of working to anything like that standard (I'm only about 2 stages from the bend the nails over so they can't pull out!)

It was the standard of the joinery that won us over. I love the oak and walnut combination, and the curved work is a sheer joy. I'm not a joiner myself, but I have spent many years in the industry and worked for a number of bespoke joinery companies in the past, so I appreciate quality work when I see it.

For us it's the combination of gorgeous joinery and the wipe clean surfaces that we like, easy to maintain yet 'woody' enough to give you that feeling of warmth.

• 4 weeks later...

14290709895_d6d74c153f_c.jpg[/

14310895463_15d0bc6484_c.jpg

Not a 'traditional' boat by any means, but we are very happy. The lighting is a bit clinical so we have added a couple of low level lamps in the saloon (and some other homely nick-nacks - pictures and stuff). The pics were taken just before we took ownership

Stunning :)

I'm a new boater & have only seen inside a few, but I must say that yours is absolutely stunning, Kendal. Fantastic workmanship.

I agree the woodwork is fantastic.

My personal choice would have been cream leather upholstery with that but each to their own. The finish looks really very good.

I agree the woodwork is fantastic.

My personal choice would have been cream leather upholstery with that but each to their own. The finish looks really very good.

The boat was already finished when we bought her so we had to accept the finishes as they were. I'm not 100% about the cerise either, we have talked about changing the upholstery for a different colour when it gets worn, but can't really justify the cost at this stage

Edited by Kendal

A few more pics, more of a test than anything as having problems with flickr so trying photobucket:

crick_19_zpsdced2577.jpg

crick_26_zps01131d66.jpg

shower_zps5a28e543.jpg

crick_22_zps30f4b40c.jpg

Marmite:

crick_28_zps07f19af1.jpg

crick_18_zps5e9f53eb.jpg

Couldn't resist adding one of our grandson on the Ashby

2014-06-24104822_zps19931bf1.jpg

Edited by Kendal

Wot no roses and castles? Not on this boat. Signwritten today by Dave Moore, the man is an absolute legend!

SignwrittenbyDaveMoore_zpsf9cc066b.jpg

Kendal your boat is sooooooo lovely & liking the signage but must say from one grandma to another the little man a real cutie x :)

Kendal your boat is sooooooo lovely & liking the signage but must say from one grandma to another the little man a real cutie x smile.png

Why thank you Sue, here's one more of the little fella:

2014-06-24102511_zpsf251baef.jpg

Great photo....

Thanks Martin

That picture deserves a "what no …" caption.

What no caption? I could have sworn I'd already done that smile.png

• 2 weeks later...

Kendal, that boat is amazing! I'm so jealous right now. Just love the blue LED(?) lighting on the cabinets and stairs.

< Doesn't even have a boat yet and probably won't for at least a year.

Thanks Andy. I hated the blue LED's at first and never turned them on but lately, after a few beers and with some Floyd on in the background, I'm getting to quite like them happy.png . Good luck finding your boat

Lovely boat Kendal! The combination of boat light and dark wood really works well. Glad to see the little fella is eating his lolly outside!!!

The oak and walnut do seem to compliment each other, we like the white and cream linings as well, which give a light and airy feel. To be honest the little fella gets away with murder, we are nowhere near as strict with him as we were with our own kids, getting soft in our old age!

14290709895_d6d74c153f_c.jpg[/

14310895463_15d0bc6484_c.jpg

Wow that is lovely

• 3 weeks later...

A couple of pictures of Eefer. The first one just after we bought her. The second playing near where we live near Milton Keynes.

Eefer was one of the first boats I looked at (in an advert) that I really liked, I'm guessing you bought it just under a year ago? How is it?

This is the one I bought last week, haven't picked it up yet, probably be mid-September.

Desiree2_zps03e75fb4.jpg

Desiree8_zpsa33f5722.jpg

I moored next to Desiree for 10 minutes whilst I got something from Aqueduct. I came back to find people looking at my boat and asking if it was for sale! The salesman was just going back to the office to find out if it was "new in".

I made my escape pretty sharpish!