*CRT enforcement of 14-day rule post lockdown and Tier 3 areas*

noone

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, matty40s said:

The simple science says we moved away to a different aisle. ...and were safe, projectile snottage of anything will have been slowed or caught, we went the other way.

I'm not saying your actions were not right and I would have done the same and yes , the snottage would have been caught, but the vast majority would not. Bedtime, need some beauty sleep.

10 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

They have presented their proposed solution, I'm interested in yours. Oh hang on yet again, you haven't got one have you?

I am a bus driver who lives on a boat of course I haven't got the solution.

4 minutes ago, Rickent said:

Exactly.

And no disrespect to the bus drivers of this world but I would rather take advice on vaccine risk from those qualified to give it.

Edited by The Happy Nomad

4 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

It's been trialled.

It's not experimental.

It's approval is imminent.

So are you now backtracking and saying you will have it when it's approved?

Your argument is all over the place.

I didn't say I would have it when it's approved.

It's going to have emergency approval.

It might have been trialled but there is a reason why vaccines are trialled for several years before approval, side effects can take years to manifest and if you think it is not experimental then show me another MRNA vaccine that has been used before.

Goodnight all.

I received instructions about how to proceed, from the CRT during the first lockdown and obeyed them.

This proves they can contact me if they want to. I have heard nothing from them with regard to the latest lockdown but have obeyed the C.C. rules always. This week I am going to move to a mooring next to a mile post that reads."Leeds 24 1/4." The stern will be in a tier 3 area and the bow will be tier 2. So spin on that y f'wits.

4 minutes ago, Rickent said:

I didn't say I would have it when it's approved.

It's going to have emergency approval.

It might have been trialled but there is a reason why vaccines are trialled for several years before approval, side effects can take years to manifest and if you think it is not experimental then show me another MRNA vaccine that has been used before.

So now you think we should wait several years to resolve this? Where do you think we we will be by then?

You won't have a job as a bus driver for sure.

As I said I'll take advice from those qualified to give it.

If I ever need advice on how to drive a bus trust me,, you'll be the top of the list.

10 minutes ago, Rickent said:

I'm not saying your actions were not right and I would have done the same and yes , the snottage would have been caught, but the vast majority would not. Bedtime, need some beauty sleep.

At least you have the ability to question some of the ludicrous decisions our elected elite are making.....unlike some who just want an argument for the sake of it.

I'm glad to see Stratford taking the .GOV to court about putting them in tier3.

1 minute ago, matty40s said:

At least you have the ability to question some of the ludicrous decisions our elected elite are making.....unlike some who just want an argument for the sake of it.

I'm glad to see Stratford taking the .GOV to court about putting them in tier3.

Well based on previous comments you make that is obviously aimed at me.

I see BS I call it out. Simple.

It's not causing anything for the sake of it Mathew.

Do grow up.

7 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

It's been trialled.

It's not experimental.

It's approval is imminent.

So are you now backtracking and saying you will have it when it's approved?

Your argument is all over the place.

All the vaccines are experimental in the sense that until they are really tested in mass use, we don't really know how effective they will be, nor what they actually do over a longer term (do they just stop you being very ill? Ill at all?  Free of symptoms but infectious? Not infectious at all?) - of course we don't know that about the virus either as it's too new.

Most vaccines get trialled for at least five years. It is simply impossible to wait that long and accept the death rate in the current case. So Rickent is right, it's still in an experimental state, but there's no other option.

The sensible thing to do would be to vaccinate NHS staff, old farts in descending tiers, and all schoolchildren as they reach a certain age, so that ultimately everyone gets a shot. But it'll take years to get everyone vaccinated anyway, so all the refusers are doing the rest of us a huge favour, as long as they don't mind when they catch it and don't clog up the hospital beds when the rest of us need them. They are actually such a minority, if a noisy one, that I don't think they'll matter much.

3 minutes ago, Arthur Marshall said:

All the vaccines are experimental in the sense that until they are really tested in mass use, we don't really know how effective they will be, nor what they actually do over a longer term (do they just stop you being very ill? Ill at all?  Free of symptoms but infectious? Not infectious at all?) - of course we don't know that about the virus either as it's too new.

Most vaccines get trialled for at least five years. It is simply impossible to wait that long and accept the death rate in the current case. So Rickent is right, it's still in an experimental state, but there's no other option.

The sensible thing to do would be to vaccinate NHS staff, old farts in descending tiers, and all schoolchildren as they reach a certain age, so that ultimately everyone gets a shot. But it'll take years to get everyone vaccinated anyway, so all the refusers are doing the rest of us a huge favour, as long as they don't mind when they catch it and don't clog up the hospital beds when the rest of us need them. They are actually such a minority, if a noisy one, that I don't think they'll matter much.

The refusers are creating a residual pool for infection and transmission to others and diminishing the opportunity to achieve herd immunity.

42 minutes ago, rgreg said:

Well, that's certainly a cynical translation! 

I don't think many people would have bought a winter mooring unless they live in a house, it was obvious that we would end up with in some sort of mess of potage.

1 minute ago, The Happy Nomad said:

Well based on previous comments you make that is obviously aimed at me.

I see BS I call it out. Simple.

It's not causing anything for the sake of it Mathew.

Do grow up.

Its Matthew thankyou.

It's not aimed at you at all, there is a massive questioning of what the .GOV is actually aiming at now. They are rudderless,  swiping at anything against the flow and almost embarrassing in their vindication of the latest decisions , even if it is in complete and utter contravention of a previous decision or policy.

So no Martin, this isnt about you. 

This is about our countries ability to deal with what is in front of it , and the ruling juntas inability to see anything other than a party doctrine when a more open and all party philosophy is required to get the country on board. 

People are so disenfranchised now due to the Brexit conflict they will never take a vaccine as they just dont trust the government.

• Greenie 1

12 minutes ago, matty40s said:

People are so disenfranchised now due    the Brexit conflict they will never take a vaccine as they just dont trust the government.

More fool them then.

I am listening to the scientists.

Just now, matty40s said:

Shame the government arent then.

In what way are they not listening?

We are going into tiers far more stringent than we were before, much in line with scientific advice. I'm sure Boris would not have wanted to go so far.

As for the opposition 'well we don't agree with the approach but neither can we come up with an alternative so we'll abstain' 

Utterly weak and pathetic.

6 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

In what way are they not listening?

We are going into tiers far more stringent than we were before, much in line with scientific advice. I'm sure Boris would not have wanted to go so far.

As for the opposition 'well we don't agree with the approach but neither can we come up with an alternative so we'll abstain' 

Utterly weak and pathetic.

So tommorow, in tier 1 and 2, I can go into a theatre, concert , sports venue with up to 2000 other folks and buy alcohol......but I cant go into my local pub and do like wise unless I buy a substantial meal....or 2 scotch eggs...depending on which government outlet I may have listened to over the last 3 days. ...oh, and one says I have to leave after my meal is finishedz the other doesnt.

Martin, this .Gov hasnt got a clue, likes to preach ,but doesn't like to dare enforce anything unless someone decides to either challenge them, or 2. Might endanger their majority at the next election

It's a spineless, rudderless knee jerk reaction government at present, and I dont see much change in a long time, so in the interim, I will be taking the earliest vaccination available and jetting off somewhere interesting and welcoming as soon as we all can

• Greenie 1

8 hours ago, matty40s said:

So tommorow, in tier 1 and 2, I can go into a theatre, concert , sports venue with up to 2000 other folks and buy alcohol......but I cant go into my local pub and do like wise unless I buy a substantial meal....or 2 scotch eggs...depending on which government outlet I may have listened to over the last 3 days. ...oh, and one says I have to leave after my meal is finishedz the other doesnt.

Martin, this .Gov hasnt got a clue, likes to preach ,but doesn't like to dare enforce anything unless someone decides to either challenge them, or 2. Might endanger their majority at the next election

It's a spineless, rudderless knee jerk reaction government at present, and I dont see much change in a long time, so in the interim, I will be taking the earliest vaccination available and jetting off somewhere interesting and welcoming as soon as we all can

And you think the opposition would have handled it any better?

8 hours ago, matty40s said:

This has been an experiment from the middle of February when the Covid was approaching, Boris would have been getting warning from the Civil Service et all, even if he did not read a broadsheet.

Boris, you may remember was late to the advisory committes, leaving any round the table meeting, science based discussion to the last moment, when he was forced to do something in the face of  the threat of mass deaths and overhelming the NHS facilities.

He has not been able to persuade the naysayers, partly due to his own intelligence, and partly due to him being out of his depth. He has not even been able to keep the likes of that Cummings creature under control. 

The folks who don't bother to use sanitising spread the disease, this is quite clearly what has happened. You can see them every day, couples and families shopping in groups, not bothering to use wipes, chatting in the streets with casual aquaintances. Folks using any 'excuse' refusing to wesr masks, I mean are people really going to have an asthma attack if they wear a mask, it's a ridiculous excuse. You can take a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

It's obvious that people in close proximity indoors and taking no precautions are a danger to us all, but they don't care, and this selfish attitude has meant we are in lockdown again and again, whether you call it Tiers or Tears is irrelevant.

Confusion leads to chaos.

I am interested in horse racing, an industry that has a good grasp of disease prevention, they have been allowed (with some exceptions) to continue behind closed doors for some time, and now a few of them will be allowed to have a few thousand spectators, using outdoor areas with a 30K capacity. It is far more crowded in any bus station or railway station indoors waiting room.

Edited by LadyG
  • Greenie 1

10 hours ago, Rickent said:

I agree that some of the larger droplets are caught by the mask but the vast majority are not,  virus laden droplets pass through the very large holes in the mask fabric.

Look at some of the laser photography and you will see much of the cloud is controlled even the micro particles if the mask is more than single layer (as it should be).    You will also find the tiny aerosol particles form as the larger ones split up as they travel.

Care to provide some references which show you are correct?

I've got that Rickent on ignore. These 'evangelising' people should comply with the Law of the Country, even if it seems pointless, that's what the rest of us do, it's those neysayers who think they know better who are spreading the disease.

If they don't want to comply with these minor inconvenience which are there to save lives, I suggest they go and live in another country where they don't have to, oh, and leave their British Passport at the door marked EXIT.

17 minutes ago, Jerra said:

If they live in houses surely they aren't continuously cruising.   They are moving the boat occasionally and leaving it not cruising.

Semantics, no,

They either have a Licence with a home mooring or a Licence without a home mooring. Those without are supposed to demonstrate that they are bona fide navigating in the CRT navigations. Surely you know this?

I can almost gaurantee that a particulat boat is currently moored up near Goole Marina, which was where he stayed last time. Good road access.

Edited by LadyG

3 minutes ago, LadyG said:

They either have a Licence with a home mooring or a Licence without a home mooring. Those without are supposed to demonstrate that they are bona fide navigating in the CRT water. Surely you know this?

If they are living in a house they are not bona fide navigating hence they are not continuous cruisers.    I am well aware of the bona fide and that is why I said if they live in a house they aren't CCing.