Alternator replacement needed!

Joel_C

Featured Posts

Hi all, my 60A alternator has given up and I need a replacement/ repair job done. I've tried to take the alternator to car parts dealers recently, but no luck. The serial number on the unit has worn away, but the engine is a Beta four-cylinder keel cooled diesel engine.

Any ideas of where to go to get a replacement, or if it can be assessed for repair?

1 minute ago, Joel_C said:

Hi all, my 60A alternator has given up and I need a replacement/ repair job done. I've tried to take the alternator to car parts dealers recently, but no luck. The serial number on the unit has worn away, but the engine is a Beta four-cylinder keel cooled diesel engine.

Any ideas of where to go to get a replacement, or if it can be assessed for repair?

I think you will need to post a picture of it (or several) for you to have any chance of a satisfactory answer. Beta 4-cyl engines have been around for many years with many different types of alternator fitted.

As to the point about car part dealer, you would need to take it to an auto-electrical business, which is not the same beast as a car parts dealer.