Double banjo

Featured Posts

Good evening 

I am trying to help a friend find a part for his engine while he is busy painting his boat.

We believe it's called a double banjo fitting and its it fit a 3/16ths copper pipe.

Its part of fuel system of his Perkins engine. We have tried the obvious asap supplies and chandleries and I have also emailed Perkins spares, a motorsports parts company, an engine plumbing  company among a few others but have either not heard back or had no luck. Searching on the internet has yielded nothing as all double banjo I have found seem to be for hose fittings.

I have attached an image. Help sourcing this, greatly appreciated!

0_IMG-20200610-WA0001.jpg

20 minutes ago, BEngo said:

For sources have a look at the vintage car suppliers.

Eg:https://www.classic-spares.com/double-threaded-90-fuel-banjo.html

Be seated comfortably before looking at the price.

N

I had to get a single weird sized banjo and a bit of pipe for my Lister. Tiny thing it was, no bigger than your thumb. Cost a hundred quid. The only place I could get it from said he managed to find it lurking at the bottom of a drawer, only one he'd sold in twenty years.

33 minutes ago, Tracy D'arth said:

You can stack two single banjos on a double length banjo bolt if it helps.

Have you asked at a Lucas- CAV branch?

Thank you,  this occured to me but I know nothing about engines and assumed movement may cause leaks?

18 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

Yes I have googled the same term before posting here but as I said these are all for hose fittings or not doubles

26 minutes ago, Arthur Marshall said:

I had to get a single weird sized banjo and a bit of pipe for my Lister. Tiny thing it was, no bigger than your thumb. Cost a hundred quid. The only place I could get it from said he managed to find it lurking at the bottom of a drawer, only one he'd sold in twenty years.

Thank you

37 minutes ago, Tracy D'arth said:

You can stack two single banjos on a double length banjo bolt if it helps.

Have you asked at a Lucas- CAV branch?

Do you have a link for Lucas-cav?

48 minutes ago, BEngo said:

If you have an existing one, what is wrong with it?  It might be easier to fix what you have.

N

I suspect a crushed olive on the injector leak off pipe from the photo and I think you are correct that its probably a fairly easy fix.

It also looks as if the sealing washers above and below the banjo are well past their use by date. I suspect the OP would be better employed looking for a pair of suitable Dowty washers

I Agree.  A good polish of the banjo mating faces using some 400 or 600 grit wet and dry on a piece of glass or a granite worktop may also be beneficial.

I was hoping for confirmation that the banjo pictured is the offending item, not just a picture of another one like it.  If it is a crushed olive, and/or knackered seating washers a new banjo ain't going to do much!

N

19 hours ago, Tracy D'arth said:

I don't think its 3/16" pipe........but is it 5/16" outside diameter?

This could be a special banjo, its similar to the one on BMC filter heads and may have a small bleed hole to the return to the fuel tank.

Thanks everyone, I'll let my friend know your suggestions, very grateful for your time.