It's just a contact sport!

David Mack

Featured Posts

18 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

In a similar vein, a customer of mine has this photo hanging on his wall....

F27171E9-F461-415A-82F7-1EEA366EB6BB.jpeg

French drivers, eh? The Gare St. Lazare in Paris?

Edited by Athy

10 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Steve Haywood at it  again no doubt....

Love him or hate him your choice, but he is one of the reasons I buy Canal Boat and read his books, his defence of the canal system and especially young boaters is exceptional. Looks like CB have dropped him though 

• Greenie 1

5 minutes ago, AWETHEAYET said:

Love him or hate him your choice, but he is one of the reasons I buy Canal Boat and read his books, his defence of the canal system and especially young boaters is exceptional. Looks like CB have dropped him though 

You clearly haven't seen the video of him deliberately ramming the moored up fibreglass cruiser with his 20 tonne steel narrowboat.

1 hour ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

You clearly haven't seen the video of him deliberately ramming the moored up fibreglass cruiser with his 20 tonne steel narrowboat.

Is that the one where a narrow boat is clearly heading for a mooring spot and the more moverable BMW driver nips in first. Yes he could have possible avoided it given the position of the camera and any editing involved, but I'd like to see it from his point of view. As he had any chance to reply on this or are we just convicting him on this one vidio. In any case it does not distract from the support he as given to the canals over the years and the thought prevoking articules he wrote, some of which I agreed with others I didn't.

• Greenie 1

24 minutes ago, AWETHEAYET said:

As he had any chance to reply on this

Yes. 

Nothing stopping him from registering here and putting his side of the case, but he chooses not to. 

One can only surmise that he is scared of getting ripped to bits on here and shown up even more.

Then ask the poster of the vidio to show twenty seconds of fotage prio to the shown event., and never ever post insults to peoples mental capacity in relation to brain cells, I respect your views and defend your right to express them, but mental illness is something we should all look out for and support the care of people suffering from it.

Shame on you

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, AWETHEAYET said:

Then ask the poster of the vidio to show twenty seconds of fotage prio to the shown event., and never ever post insults to peoples mental capacity in relation to brain cells, I respect your views and defend your right to express them, but mental illness is something we should all look out for and support the care of people suffering from it.

Shame on you

You need more than "I don't like the conclusion" to start suggesting any video evidence has been edited. The conclusion from that video is clear, the steerer of the narrow boat hasn't got a clue about etiquette on a large and busy river. The person recording the video could not have predicted the outcome nor who would be steering the narrow boat. To start suggesting it's a set up is to pose far more questions than it solves, starting with "why?". 

There is nothing that doesn't ring true about the video, no glitches, no pauses, no obscuring of the lens, and when watched for the first time one doesn't know how it will end or who is in charge of the narrow boat. Yes, mr. Haywood has written extensively and positively about canals, but therein lies the risk of idiotic behaviour, it discredits everything good you've done. 

The fact mr. Haywood comes across well in other social situations doesn't mean he didn't make a fool of himself in this one, nor does it excuse his behaviour this time. 

Edited by magpie patrick

7 hours ago, AWETHEAYET said:

never ever post insults to peoples mental capacity in relation to brain cells, I respect your views and defend your right to express them, but mental illness is something we should all look out for and support the care of people suffering from it.

Let’s be very clear here. I didn’t suggest that anyone believing the video had been edited was suffering from a mental illness, simply that they must be terminally thick. 

2 hours ago, magpie patrick said:

The fact mr. Haywood comes across well in other social situations...

Other than Twitter it seems, where he only exacerbated the situation by stamping his foot like a petulant eight year old. 

Edited by WotEver
  • Greenie 2