Jump to content
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Dr Bob

OMG. My eco fan is bust!

Featured Posts

Well it was!

 

It was making a very loud grumbling noise when I started to use it last month when it got hot. Normally I just bin these domestic electrical items when they fail but this fan has been so useful, I decided to try and replace the motor as someone on here had said its easy. Found one on Amazon for £15

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Stove-Replacement-Kit-Replacement-Motor-Wood/dp/B07VRBL27J/ref=sr_1_4?crid=AZ9UCJT6LZJX&keywords=stove+fan+replacement+motor&qid=1573397577&sprefix=stove+fan+re%2Caps%2C253&sr=8-4

and ordered it. Came the following day and took 5mins to bolt back together. Perfect! Airflows around the boat re-established.

When you think about it, these motors are doing around 4,000hrs a year (mine was after two winters so 8,000 hrs). That's not bad considering they are £3 motors.....next time I will just buy the motor off fleabay. My fan is a 5 blade baby equaliser which threatens to move more capacity of air than other fans...and I reckon it does....prolly 'cause of the big heat sink under the peltier cell so maybe the motor is going round faster than in other models and so likely to fail sooner.

The kit from Amazon is a bit over the top as it has everything you need (and dont need) .....new peltier cell, etc etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I got by babyliquidizer they sent me a spare motor.

 

Did you try reversing the positron flow to the flux capacitor before changing the motor?Usually works a treat.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They never gave me a spare motor. I was robbed!

The flux capacitor was changing colour a bit but the voltage delta was within limits in the phase dilation module. I'll need to keep an eye on that one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Engineer, Mr. Scott:
Ye cannot change the laws of physics, laws of physics, laws of physics;
ye cannot change the laws of physics, laws of physics, Jim.

Ah! We come in peace, shoot to kill, shoot to kill, shoot to kill;
we come in peace, shoot to kill; Scotty, beam me up!

It's worse than that, he's dead, Jim, dead, Jim, dead, Jim;
it's worse than that, he's dead, Jim, dead, Jim, dead.

Well, it's life, Jim, but not as we know it, not as we know it, not as we know it;
it's life, Jim, but not as we know it, not as we know it, Captain.

There's Klingons on the starboard bow, starboard bow, starboard bow;
there's Klingons on the starboard bow, better calm down!

Ye cannot change the script Jim.
Och, #!*& Jimmy.

It's worse than that, it's physics, Jim.

Bridge to engine room, warp factor 9.

Och, if I give it any more she'll blow, Cap'n!

 

http://www.quantumnow.com/trek/lyrics.html

  • Greenie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rusty69 said:

When I got by babyliquidizer they sent me a spare motor.

 

Did you try reversing the positron flow to the flux capacitor before changing the motor?Usually works a treat.

just who’s babys are you liquidizing? ?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dr Bob said:

Well it was!

 

It was making a very loud grumbling noise when I started to use it last month when it got hot. Normally I just bin these domestic electrical items when they fail but this fan has been so useful, I decided to try and replace the motor as someone on here had said its easy. Found one on Amazon for £15

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Stove-Replacement-Kit-Replacement-Motor-Wood/dp/B07VRBL27J/ref=sr_1_4?crid=AZ9UCJT6LZJX&keywords=stove+fan+replacement+motor&qid=1573397577&sprefix=stove+fan+re%2Caps%2C253&sr=8-4

and ordered it. Came the following day and took 5mins to bolt back together. Perfect! Airflows around the boat re-established.

When you think about it, these motors are doing around 4,000hrs a year (mine was after two winters so 8,000 hrs). That's not bad considering they are £3 motors.....next time I will just buy the motor off fleabay. My fan is a 5 blade baby equaliser which threatens to move more capacity of air than other fans...and I reckon it does....prolly 'cause of the big heat sink under the peltier cell so maybe the motor is going round faster than in other models and so likely to fail sooner.

The kit from Amazon is a bit over the top as it has everything you need (and dont need) .....new peltier cell, etc etc.

Do you prefer " Cadburys " or are you a " Nestle"  kind of guy? I think Cadbury make the best fire guards but Nestle make superb chocolate Tea pots. What make is your eco fan?

  • Greenie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Do you prefer " Cadburys " or are you a " Nestle"  kind of guy? I think Cadbury make the best fire guards but Nestle make superb chocolate Tea pots. What make is your eco fan?

Pay attention ....it is a 5 bladed baby liquidizer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Do you prefer " Cadburys " or are you a " Nestle"  kind of guy?

 

Have to admit, Rowntree for me every time.... "Nestle Kit-Kat" doesn't sound right really, does it?

 

 

I guess you are a Milky Bar type of kid, eh?

 

 

(Me too but I'll never admit it in public...)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, cuthound said:

Clearly eco fans are not compatible with lithium ion batteries... ?

They clearly are. How do you think he could afford the new motor?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

So you have the only one that works, lucky muppet 

Nah.I have the the other one. But I have it pointed in his direction, so it cancels it out.

  • Greenie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tree monkey said:

So you have the only one that works, lucky muppet 

It's been scientifically proved in a major technical study that some work. The proof is out there.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dr Bob said:

It's been scientifically proved in a major technical study that some work. The proof is out there.

Have you been on the sauce again?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mrsmelly said:

Have you been on the sauce again?

Harviestoun IPA tonight, the local pub is shut.?

  • Greenie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dr Bob said:

Harviestoun IPA tonight, the local pub is shut.?

They always shut when you are in the area ?

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, rusty69 said:

What again? 

It was Harviestoun Schielhallion last night. I could pronounce it before I started.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought the massive blast of hot air was the latest cabinet meeting ( of any political persuasion)  but then realised it was an easterly from napton way , not a southerly from that lunun place. It must have been your fan

thank you it will save me having to defrost the horse in the morning before the last run into town .

 

can you angle  the boat towards southam that way i will not have to winterise the boat so much as we are off for business in the antipodes.

 

after all we all know that the thing about ecofans is that they do work.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, roland elsdon said:

I thought the massive blast of hot air was the latest cabinet meeting ( of any political persuasion)  but then realised it was an easterly from napton way , not a southerly from that lunun place. It must have been your fan

thank you it will save me having to defrost the horse in the morning before the last run into town .

 

can you angle  the boat towards southam that way i will not have to winterise the boat so much as we are off for business in the antipodes.

 

after all we all know that the thing about ecofans is that they do work.

Hope the horse didnt overheat. Have a good trip down south.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

Hope the horse didnt overheat. Have a good trip down south.

Well the engine on the boats in 1000 bits so we might as well go and be nomadic in the warm... see you in spring

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, roland elsdon said:

Well the engine on the boats in 1000 bits so we might as well go and be nomadic in the warm... see you in spring

Boi..ing. ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.