Why?

Big Bob W

Featured Posts

52 minutes ago, dmr said:

That looks like an Epping to me, suggest somebody local goes and checks it out, if the body is basically ok it might be recoverable and worth a fair bit of money.

.............Dave

Quite:

There will be some very useful spares on that, even if the main body proved to be shot.

I'd happily take the door with the brass spinner on it, as neither of my two Eppings have these, and on one at least the air control arrangements are patchy.

A shame it is somewhere not easily retrieved without a boat!

1 hour ago, alan_fincher said:

Quite:

There will be some very useful spares on that, even if the main body proved to be shot.

I'd happily take the door with the brass spinner on it, as neither of my two Eppings have these, and on one at least the air control arrangements are patchy.

A shame it is somewhere not easily retrieved without a boat!

Yes, I quite fancied that brass air control knob too but we are much too far away. I'm a bit surprised by this dumping as the Epping is mostly a trad back cabin stove and trad sort of people don't usually behave badly. I wonder if it is intended as canal art :)

.....................Dave

1 hour ago, Nightwatch said:

Recover the bags in preparation for the snow we're going to be getting soon. Make very quick 'sledge' down any hill.

1 hour ago, MHS said:

Thank goodness you’re talking about used coal bags not dog poo bags. 

Oh dear, I really do wish I hadn't gone out between reading these two posts...!

;)

Needed a couple of spoons for my morning Frosties out here in the 'pines. Bought a pack of "Compostable" cream coloured plastic spoons.

I have no idea what that is about but they have been in the backpack for 3 months now on our travels and there are no mushrooms yet.

I think you are wrong thats no epping its a bell portable. They left it behind after going for a picnic.

’ Darling my pack feels a bit lighter do you think we forgot something?’

Id jump on my bike and have the fiddle rail door and smokebox and dispose of the rest but im a bit far awa

3 hours ago, Boater Sam said:

Needed a couple of spoons for my morning Frosties out here in the 'pines. Bought a pack of "Compostable" cream coloured plastic spoons.

I have no idea what that is about but they have been in the backpack for 3 months now on our travels and there are no mushrooms yet.

I bought a pack of bamboo toothbrushes to save the planet. They seem to have plastic handles. I will use them for cleaning the keyboard and jobs like that. 

7 hours ago, LadyG said:

I bought a pack of bamboo toothbrushes to save the planet. They seem to have plastic handles. I will use them for cleaning the keyboard and jobs like that. 

I didn't realise that bamboo's had teeth ?

• Happy 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, LadyG said:

This is another example of those popular myths arising from misunderstandings (just like "dieselgate"). Plastics themselves are not evil, it's single use plastics that are nearly all of the problem. Reusable polymeric materials (engineering plastics) in durable goods are (mostly) just fine.