Hardstanding Cheshire/ north midlands?

The Welsh Cruiser

Featured Posts

2 hours ago, The Welsh Cruiser said:

I'm toying with the idea of taking my 35ft boat out of the water for a year to do other things. For this to work financially the cost, all in, would need to max out at £1,000, or thereabouts. Does anybody know any options out there?

Thanks.  

Is the £1000 to cover both lift out, 12 months hardstanding and lift back in ?

Aqueduct Mariana is 95p per foot per week hard standing charge. That equates to £1729 for a 35 foot boat

Their 'extras' list show hoist lift out at £440 each way.

http://www.aqueductmarina.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/STORAGE-V2.pdf

Well the licence is £700 or so, cheapest mooring will be around £1,000. Too much. I'm on a fairly tight budget. If I can't get close to the £1,000 total it won't happen. To be clear, I wouldn't licence the boat while it was out of the water.

Edited by The Welsh Cruiser

1 hour ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Their 'extras' list show hoist lift out at £440 each way.

Hoist lift is onto or off a wagon.  They use a hydraulic trailer and a tractor on the slipway to take you in and out of the water.  That's £125 each way,  or £190 for a V bottom that needs extra chocking. 

4 hours ago, The Welsh Cruiser said:

Well the licence is £700 or so, cheapest mooring will be around £1,000. Too much. I'm on a fairly tight budget. If I can't get close to the £1,000 total it won't happen. To be clear, I wouldn't licence the boat while it was out of the water.

From the figures quoted, it seems that you are really looking for somewhere free of hard standing charges - the in'out of water costs will probably absorb most of your budget. That does seem a bit much to expect, especially if you want a place with a proper hard standing (which is not necessarily cheap to provide, that has enough room to take a crane and with a good risk assessment regarding security (doe snot have to be Fort Knox but probably better not to be wide open to all comers. But don't let me destroy your dreams!

38 minutes ago, Mike Todd said:

doe snot

Google will even give you the definition of “doe snot.” Contrary to popular belief, and despite the multitude of unusual creatures residing in Carpenter Country, doe snot is not derived from the nasal discharge of a sick one-horned deer. Instead, the root of the term lies in the typographical errors of writers whose thoughts move faster than their fingers. It really does…or doe snot.