Is Mr A E Finch still with us?

Ray T

Featured Posts

No, Finch has not passed away, however, we were assured that he was no longer a danger by CRT last year, even though Northants police had his mug up with regards to several break ins around Buckby/Crick/Brunston.

I did see him less than a week after Reginald and a few other boats were broken into north of the Watford flight just over a year ago, unfortunately, the reports came after the sighting although I passed the info on.

It depends on who you listen to, who you trust, and whether you really think that getting rid of one bloke who eats your grub and washes up will rid the entire network of any crime for ever and a day.

Secure your boats, if off the boat, do not leave valuables, and if leaving for extended periods, take some measures to protect your investment.

Edited by matty40s

I have heard rumours about Mr Finch.

I had heard he has popped his socks. This was poopooed by a chap in the stop house in Braunston who knows him well as he is an ex policeman.

I mentioned that I had heard he is in Wiltshire with relations. K&A territory. This has not been confirmed.

As above,perhaps he is still around but as he is getting on a bit has given up his antics.

Who knows.

• 2 years later...

According to an article in Waterways World February 2017 he is still with us.

http://www.braunstonmarina.co.uk/Portals/0/Images/Finch/Finch%20-%20The%20Remorseful%20Day%20-%20II%20%2020%2011%2003.pdf

That link is to a piece by Tim Coghlan in 2003!

The e-mail from Roger Preece, being in the latest Waterways World, presumably describes a recent encounter?

Edited by Mac of Cygnet

That link is to a piece by Tim Coghlan in 2003!

The e-mail from Roger Preece, being in the latest Waterways World, presumably describes a recent encounter?

Yes and yes, for various reasons I didn't want to quote the article direct.

Edited by Ray T

I don't think any other person has generated so much discussion on CWDF over such a long period of time. Here is one of the earlier threads from 2005. http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=1559 He's been killed off several times, too, as well as in and out of jail and an old folks' home.

I don't think any other person has generated so much discussion on CWDF over such a long period of time. Here is one of the earlier threads from 2005. http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=1559 He's been killed off several times, too, as well as in and out of jail and an old folks' home.

Is he due to make a reappearance in East Enders some time soon?