Where's Finch?

Curly

Featured Posts

My boat was broken into late last year and was attributed to Mr Finch, the break in had all his hall marks. I was wondering if anyone had heard of similar breakins recently. Even though he only steals food, drink and clothing I would urge anybody who has a break in to report it to the police. Warwickshire police have several incidents on file and the more information they have the better chance they have of catching the culprit.

Oh, and a bit of advice. Change any brass bolts for a more secure locking device, particularly on side hatches!

Finally, I can not of course, be sure it was Finch.

More info here Remorseful Day

Edited by Curly

The Rec.waterways newsgroup has recently reported that he might be about:

J.R.Alsop May 16, 5:11 pm show options

Newsgroups: uk.rec.waterways

From: "J.R.Alsop" <c...@nildram.co.uk> - Find messages by this author

Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 22:11:53 +0100

Local: Mon,May 16 2005 5:11 pm

Subject: Finch Alert

Reply | Reply to Author | Forward | Print | Individual Message | Show original | Report Abuse

Finch was sighted in Cosgrove over the weekend,

keep your eyes open!.

I thought he was still in jail. When did he get out?

BTW - for anyone reading this, Finch is a well known thief who breaks into boats etc. Perhaps someone could oblige with a description and usual methods.

Jon

my advice is leave sealed bottle if wine and pull open tinned food OUTSIDE boat door.at least the doors wont be damaged and you can get free drinks telling the tale-FINCH CALLED ON ME :D :smiley

my advice is leave sealed bottle if wine and pull open tinned food OUTSIDE boat door.at least the doors wont be damaged and you can get free drinks telling the tale-FINCH CALLED ON ME :D :smiley

• 3 weeks later...