61 Bodies Found In Manchester Canals

larryjc

Featured Posts

I do find it somewhat amazing that this load of old tosh has actually got some traction with some 'newspapers'. Have they no real news to report these days ,or perhaps now phone hacking has become a bit risky they haven't since they don't seem to understand how else to get 'stories'.

A bit like the tv news having reporters talking live from Scotland and Wales "As you can see the snow is coming down quite hard here"

Yes it's bl**dy January, what did you expect.

Manchester is a terrible place. Only yesterday the Manchester Evening News billboard outside the newsagents proclaimed "Man has sex with post box".

They must think that is very important to Mancunians, more so than the football scores or the (seasonal) inclement weatherlaugh.png

The post box was in Wigan.....

Manchester is a terrible place. Only yesterday the Manchester Evening News billboard outside the newsagents proclaimed "Man has sex with post box".

They must think that is very important to Mancunians, more so than the football scores or the (seasonal) inclement weatherlaugh.png

The post box was in Wigan.....

If you'd ever met a woman from Wigan you'd know that it's, probably an easy mistake to make.

K

• Greenie 2

Well as I started the thread one might think that it was me. However, it was posted by my son on FB as he knows we are probably going to go that way this year some time. I suspect he had his tongue firmly in his cheek.

Not quite sure where a professor of psychology gets the qualifications to make the comment,"...‘It is extremely unlikely that such an alarming number of bodies found in the canals is the result of accidents or suicides....". Whilst I'd speculate that not many of them will be suicides (is jumping into 4 feet of water an effective means of suicide as compared with throwing yourself in front of a 125mph train?) but I'd also speculate that quite a lot will be accidents (alcohol + water = lethal mix, always take your alcohol neatcheers.gif ). And even if some of these deaths are uninvestigated murders, who is to say that there is just one person responsible? For all this expert knows there could be 61 murderers out there!!

Apparently there were 345 deaths on the railways last year, have we a railway psychopath on the loose??wacko.png

I think it can be suicides by married men throwing them self in front of a 2.5 mph narrowboat. just like smokers is killing them self, slowly. detective.gif

• 7 months later...

Just a reminder, if you're going through Manchester this weekend (assuming the Bridgewater get's re-opened in time). It's Manchester Pride over the bank holiday weekend so expect a lively time as you go through the gay village and possibly some delays on the locks, the towpath can get a bit crowded.

K

Just a reminder, if you're going through Manchester this weekend (assuming the Bridgewater get's re-opened in time). It's Manchester Pride over the bank holiday weekend so expect a lively time as you go through the gay village and possibly some delays on the locks, the towpath can get a bit crowded.

K

The best weekend of the year for "The Pusher" to up his tally.ninja.gif

• 4 months later...

There is a documentary on Ch4 tonight at 23.00. Based on the comments from the ex-detective on BBC this morning, I don't think the documentary will answer any questions, just ask even more. It may be worth watching though.