cloudy diesel

36national

Featured Posts

6 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

Don't search for femdom in google images. It is not what I expected. I thought they might be some kind of fender sock.......they aint!

We know!

PS you just guaranteed a big google hit from CWDF

Edited by LadyG

9 hours ago, Mad Harold said:

Been giving the subject of contaminated fuel more thought in the light of all these posts.

As the fuel pickup pipe in the tank is above the tank bottom so that water/sediment sinks below the pickup and as the water strainer is in the fuel line,doesn't that mean that any water in the strainer is above the pickup so there may be two or three inches of water still in the tank,depending on the distance of the pickup from the tank bottom.? It seems likely to me that ANY water in the strainer means that the tank needs pumping out.

In a previous life I was involved with aeroplanes,and they all had a spring loaded tap in the BOTTOM of the tank and draining some fuel to check for water was part of the pre-flight checks.

As the tank on most narrowboats is part of the structure,fitting such a tap would be impractical so the only way really I think is to suck out a few litres every year or so with a Pela type pump from the bottom of the tank.

Any one with more thoughts on this subject?

Actually our boat did have a valved and securely capped low point drain but it was a lot easier to use the plastic bulb pump through the fill point and no worries about the valve failing in open position

In a previous life in a galaxy far far away Dr E (my wife ) was tasked by her company to develop a testing method for the femidom.

she did.  It involved ndt processes.

It didnt involve me , nor  im glad to say she chose not to bring her work home with her.

Strangely we have never had children so maybe it worked subliminaly.

I believe they were designed to protect against both aids and pregnancy, and their protection was um complete.

my wife still remembers the embarrassment of her manager when he told her the company had agreed to take on the R and D.

worse she was the only female member of the staff working in the ( eddy current) probes department...

28 minutes ago, roland elsdon said:

my wife still remembers the embarrassment of her manager when he told her the company had agreed to take on the R and D.

worse she was the only female member of the staff working in the ( eddy current) probes department...

I'm sure there's a gag in there somewhere trying to get out.

?