Where do I find boaters who want end of garden moorings?

john cowie

Featured Posts

EOG is an annual agreement.

But in Middlewich many bungalows were built on the canal side and a 20 year (I think) agreement reached with, at the time, BW, that the owners could moor a boat.

Now that agreement ended a few years ago and I don't know how they stand now, but there are less boats moored there now.

On 04/01/2019 at 22:04, jonathanA said:

Yes that’s correct.

you have to prove you own the property or have their permission and apply each year.

there is £95 fee which I think you only have to pay if it’s a new EOG mooring your applying for. 

Also technically eog moorings can only be associated with residential property 

Don't know about the £95 fee but CRT will charge annual mooring fee of half that of the nearest CRT mooring

11 hours ago, plainsman said:

Don't know about the £95 fee but CRT will charge annual mooring fee of half that of the nearest CRT mooring

Not quite right they will charge 50% of a comparable mooring in the area not necessarily the nearest. 

Here is what the crt website says

Price of the permit

The price payable for the permit is set by reference to the mooring fees for simple online moorings in the area supplied by the Trust. A benchmark site is identified and a price discount applied to account for the fact that the Trust provides the water space but not the access to it from the land or any facilities at the site. The discount is normally of the order of 50%.

I got it wrong it’s a 90 quid fee 

from crt website:

We aim to complete simple assessments within 6-8 weeks of receipt of a correctly completed application.
There is a non-refundable fee of £90 inclusive of VAT (at standard rate) towards our administration and initial assessment costs. If a site visit or further investigation is needed before we can reach a decision, additional costs will be payable and it may take longer than 6 weeks to process your application. We will let you know the likely size of delay and extra cost before proceeding with the full assessment.

On 02/01/2019 at 20:43, john cowie said:

Any thoughts gratefully received.

Cheers - John

Well you've had 53 posts over 3 pages and plenty of thoughts now John, so: "Are you receiving us, over?" 

Edited by Sea Dog
Post Number

2 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Well you've had 53 posts over 3 pages and plenty of thoughts now John, so: "Are you receiving us, over?" 

Not yet he isn’t. He hasn’t returned since starting the thread. 

On 03/01/2019 at 08:23, Boater Sam said:

Have you advertised the mooring and house with a sign on the mooring so that passing boaters see it?

Assuming it is the one in the RIghtmove advert, then it is - it's the only house I can think of for sale in Worcester with a boat moored next to it. I had been meaning to find out how much it was, but was thinking it was a bit smaller and cheaper than it is! Slight inaccuracy in the ad - the nearby winding hole can easily wind a 61 footer, but I guess any buyer is only interested in what they can do with a 48 footer. TBH I tend to agree with many others on here that there's a mismatch between the size of the house and the size of the mooring - surely the market for <48ft boats doesn't have much overlap with the market for 6 bedroom houses?

I guess as the OP hasn't been back there's no point in asking about how usable the boat is - though having thought it was an abandoned project I noted that there were lights on when we went past on Xmas day, so slowed down a bit!

Edited by aracer