CO Warning. Be careful out there

mrsmelly

Featured Posts

3 hours ago, LadyG said:

I'm not convinced, we used to use the burners on the gas stove to warm the boat cabin which had no vents, I think it would have killed us if left on all night. There was less oxygen. We need oxygen.

Yes, and as the oxygen depletes the fierce blue jets of gas become wispy flickering yellow flames and produce lots of CO - and either way, if undetected, you die of asphyxiation - or you suffer brain damage - which is worse depends on your attitude to life....

..... so it is important to spread the 'mis-information' ... you might save somebody's life one day.

27 minutes ago, Horace42 said:

Yes, and as the oxygen depletes the fierce blue jets of gas become wispy flickering yellow flames and produce lots of CO - and either way, if undetected, you die of asphyxiation - or you suffer brain damage - which is worse depends on your attitude to life....

..... so it is important to spread the 'mis-information' ... you might save somebody's life one day.

My point exactly. A different mechanism from the one LadyG doesn't believe in. Lets have some technical rigour in the thread instead of misinformation made up on the fly.

4 minutes ago, Greyladyx said:

How come they were well stinjee with the blue nobbly ones.?

Maybe my mum got their first.  (Cow)lol

The blue knobbly ones were my favourite too. I didn't actually like the pink and yellow bits. Sadly I can't eat them any more cos I'm allergic, they have wheat in them. ? 

Just now, Tumshie said:

The blue knobbly ones were my favourite too. I didn't actually like the pink and yellow bits. Sadly I can't eat them any more cos I'm allergic, they have wheat in them. ? 

Ore weat intolerant, that's not easy so easy to slip up.

My dog is too, I won't give him berty bassys then.?

2 minutes ago, LadyG said:

Not made up on the fly.

MEN, again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trying to discuss the technical nicety is like wrestling with jelly.

People who are actually trying to understand the subject properly deserve not to be confused by inaccurate posts.

There is good reason why lots of things should be done in well ventilated areas.

And why flues are used to exhaust gases,

And why ventilators are required to allow the intake of air ie oxygen.

You are assuming all boats have a large enough cabin volume to mean that few risks are associated with using a gas stove to heat a cabin, This is not so.  

7 minutes ago, Greyladyx said:

Ore weat intolerant, that's not easy so easy to slip up.

My dog is too, I won't give him berty bassys then.?

It's been a hard won learning curve to work out just how easy it is to slip up - it never ceases to amaze me where they hide the fluddy stuff. ?

• Love 1

7 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

Nice sexist comment @LadyG.

Don't tar us all with the same brush please.  Even if you are being irritated by a specific man.

Sorry ...........it's a follow up on another thread, it's MtB who is "MEN" dare I say MCP :) comment is not meant to be antagonistic.

Edited by LadyG

There is good reason why lots of things should be done in well ventilated areas.

And why flues are used to exhaust gases,

And why ventilators are required to allow the intake of air ie oxygen.

You are assuming all boats have a large enough cabin volume to mean that few risks are associated with using a gas stove to heat a cabin, This is not so.  

I'm not assuming anything. Your imprecision is deeply irritating. 

Women!

:giggles:

Sorry ...........it's a follow up on another thread, it's MtB who is "MEN" as in MCP or even MUG :) comment is not antagonistic.

Was that an autospell that I mistakenly called MJG last night?

Lol 

2 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

I'm not assuming anything. Your imprecision is deeply irritating. 

Women!

:giggles:

Go and stand in the corner with the bottom door open you disgusting Man.?

9 minutes ago, Greyladyx said:

I think they should bring back tar and feathering for men and women lol

They look quite funny dressed as chickens.lol

They still do it in Scotland - it's a pre wedding tradition called a blackening, they don't use tar but treacle or any thing a little unpleasant. 

It's really just an excuse to sit in the flat bed of a pick-up or in a big trailer and get pissed and shout at every body as you go passed - all very good fun. :D And LOUD

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackening_(Scottish_wedding_custom)

Edited by Tumshie
Cos I'm aloud. :)
  • Greenie 1

Just now, Tumshie said:

They still do it in Scotland - it's a pre wedding tradition called a blackening, they don't use tar but treacle or any thing a little unpleasant. 

It's really just an excuse to sit in the flat bed of a pick-up or in a big trailer and get pissed and shout at every body as you go passed - all very good fun. :D

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackening_(Scottish_wedding_custom)

I could well get into that. ? kinky....