Thoughts on this boat please folks.

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, Matt&Jo said:

Id rather have a pram hood cover and look like a clowns shoe whilst keep dry and warmish.... than not to be honest.....ill suffer the hate :giggles:

Remember you said that each time you approach a low bridge!  (Are there any other types of bridge?)  :D

2 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Are you still thinking of a change of boat such as you were looking at last year?

Struggling to find one in good enough nick. Might have to have a rethink on that one.

Think we have almost decided that we will change the house first to something that will rent out easier. We have something in mind which I am currently working on at work but it could be a couple of years before it has gone through planning and actually been built!

No rush I suppose. We are happy with NC and we still have plenty of places to explore with her.

• Happy 1

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Remember you said that each time you approach a low bridge!  (Are there any other types of bridge?)  :D

Thing with pram hoods apart from looking absolutely crap is that when its cold and you want to go boating you have to take the stupid thing down anyway on many canals and all the crap being stored under it is then in the way or ends up inside the boat anyway. :rolleyes:

• Happy 1

2 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Thing with pram hoods apart from looking absolutely crap is that when its cold and you want to go boating you have to take the stupid thing down anyway on many canals and all the crap being stored under it is then in the way or ends up inside the boat anyway. :rolleyes:

Not on proper waterways you don't :P

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Our mast is 60 feet air-draft and there is at least one UK canal we can transit completely without 'de-masting' (yes there are fixed bridges)

Edited by Alan de Enfield

1 minute ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Our mast is 60 feet air-draft and there is at least one UK canal we can transit completely without 'de-masting' (yes there is bridges)

Yes there is. We followed several very tall yachts and ships through it.

40 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

It depends how high it is... my old cover had 8' of headroom in the centre but pushing the middle loop forward i could get through any bridge my chimney cleared without taking it down which is all in the T&M so, my new cover will only have 6'3" in the centre the same air draft as my chimney so it wont have to keep coming down :P 

Rick

2 minutes ago, dccruiser said:

It depends how high it is... my old cover had 8' of headroom in the centre but pushing the middle loop forward i could get through any bridge my chimney cleared without taking it down which is all in the T&M so, my new cover will only have 6'3" in the centre the same air draft as my chimney so it wont have to keep coming down :P 

Rick

Having just traveled up the erewash for instance there aint nooooooooooo way any greenhouse hood would get oop here :P

46 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

True. Takes two minutes to take down, we have it off to a tee, and stuff is just put in the galley, which on Nightwatch is aft. We take the cover down when cruising anyway. If it's adverse weather why cruise?? There's no hurry. 

6 minutes ago, Nightwatch said:

True. Takes two minutes to take down....

If it only takes 2 minutes to take it down, why not do that and then ditch it to save messing about with the monstrosity in future?

I am joking NW - mrsmelly wouldn't have been! :D

• Haha 1

I find it funny that someone can get into such a Tiz woz over pump out loos cratch covers and lovely Pram hoods. 

I do love the description of a boat with a Pram hood looking like a clowns shoe. Not heard that before. 

Give Tim his due, it is nearly summer. 

• Greenie 1
  • Happy 1

20 minutes ago, dccruiser said:

Will make a point of not going up the erewash on a rainy day then! :) 

Rick

Advisable. But lovely today :D Try getting under here with ya poxy pram hood!!

WP_20180323_09_40_17_Pro.jpg

Edited by mrsmelly
foto