Carbon Monoxide Alarm Petition

Naughty Cal

Featured Posts

15 minutes ago, b0atman said:

an incident not a disaster then ? i got pulled  up for not having a label at filler saying diesel so what else could i put in by mistake "water" What would i be doing oh yes maybe a pump out thinking its a toilet tank .

There has been a incident with fuel been put in the wrong tank and a fire following in recent years.

23 minutes ago, b0atman said:

an incident not a disaster then ? i got pulled  up for not having a label at filler saying diesel so what else could i put in by mistake "water" What would i be doing oh yes maybe a pump out thinking its a toilet tank .

That depends on how you classify a disaster 1 dead, 20 dead or just a few in hospital, 

3 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

That depends on how you classify a disaster 1 dead, 20 dead or just a few in hospital, 

The only one that Google seems to know about was in the USA in 2015 and was on a 'Petrol' engine boat.

Joseph Sheehan, 46, remained in critical condition Tuesday morning at Westchester Medical Center in the aftermath of the explosion just before 7 p.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 1, that destroyed a 28-foot Chaparral boat at the dock at Fischer’s Marina on the east shore of Lake George.

Mr. Sheehan, 46, of Manhattan was severely burned in the accident. He had brought the boat in for gas.

“It appears as though the dock attendant may have been directed to put the gas into the wrong cavity of the boat.” And we know that because he pumped 15 gallons, and there wasn’t 15 gallons of fuel in the gas tank, which was not breached as a result of the explosion,” Warren County Sheriff Lieutenant Steve Stockdale told The Chronicle Tuesday evening.

Lt. Stockdale also noted that the driver of the boat was not the owner of the boat.

The Warren County Sheriff’s Office initial report said, “Refueling had just been completed by the dockhand, 16 year old Hunter J. Tyminski of Hudson Falls.

When Sheehan started the ignition, there was an explosion that resulted in Mr. Sheehan being thrown out of the vessel and into the lake several feet away from the boat, and Tyminski was knocked down onto the dock.”

The 16-year-old Mr. Tyminski is recovering from 2nd-degree burns to his ears, 1st- and 2nd-degree burns to his face, and 1st-degree burns to his hands.

He wasn’t able to join his junior classmates for the first day of school at Hudson Falls High School Tuesday.

Lieutenant Stockdale earlier Tuesday said his office is still awaiting the final written report on cause and origin of the fire. The Glens Falls Fire Department handles such investigations for the county.

IMG_Nicky-Cutro.jpg

Fischer’s Marina owner Nicky Cutro pushed the burning boat away from his docks and other boats after it exploded on Sept. 1.

Dockboy Hunter Tyminski said Mr. Cutro first jumped onto the boat with a fire extinguisher and almost had the fire out before it gained strength.

Photo by Debbie Fischer

• Greenie 1

15 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

IMG_Nicky-Cutro.jpg

Fischer’s Marina owner Nicky Cutro pushed the burning boat away from his docks and other boats after it exploded on Sept. 1.

Dockboy Hunter Tyminski said Mr. Cutro first jumped onto the boat with a fire extinguisher and almost had the fire out before it gained strength.

Photo by Debbie Fischer

Blimey !!!     Mr Cutro deserves a George Medal for that.  ..........................  the petrol tank had not (yet) ignited.  :unsure:

4 minutes ago, Murflynn said:

Blimey !!!     Mr Cutro deserves a George Medal for that.  ..........................  the petrol tank had not (yet) ignited.  :unsure:

I thought the same - well actually I initially thought "stupid" but as it said in the article, if it had not been moved the whole 'fuel dock' and a number of adjacent boats would all have 'gone-up'.

Weird stuff adrenaline.

I forgot - there was a boat that caught fire due to a fuelling incident in March 2017 at Burton Waters Marina (Lincoln)

It was however another of those 'dangerous fuel' ones (Petrol)

It was believed to have been caused by the cooker/hob being in use at the time and petrol vapour 'drifting' down into the cabin.

On 2/4/2018 at 16:12, Robbo said:

No but it will vibrate under your pillow, 

I had one of those.

One night I was awoken by the buzzing under my head so I evacuated OH, kids and dogs, went back in and turned off the gas, opened all the windows, extinguished the stove then declared the "All Clear"

I returned to the bedroom and lifted the pillow to reset the alarm and the OH said...

"So that's where I left my Rabbit".

2 hours ago, Murflynn said:

The article says the fuel tank was not breached in the fire, and still had petrol in it later.  Mr Cutro could not have known it would not go at any time while shunting the burning boat though.

1 hour ago, Alan de Enfield said:

I thought the same - well actually I initially thought "stupid" but as it said in the article, if it had not been moved the whole 'fuel dock' and a number of adjacent boats would all have 'gone-up'.

Weird stuff adrenaline.

Full marks for his reaction - his customer was burnt, his dockhand was burnt and he had the presence of mind to FIRST shift the burning boat to stop it being an even more serious incident.