Growlights aboard?

Jenwil

Featured Posts

• 2 weeks later...

Trying to grow anything worthwhile that’s for smoking under lights would require a 400w hps to get a worthwhile yield or grow outdoor as led for flowing is a waste of time which is why the original question is actually about chillies as they do not need the same kind of power because the flower is not so big.

sorry to spoil the fun boys.

2 hours ago, Jenwil said:

Trying to grow anything worthwhile that’s for smoking under lights would require a 400w hps to get a worthwhile yield or grow outdoor as led for flowing is a waste of time which is why the original question is actually about chillies as they do not need the same kind of power because the flower is not so big.

sorry to spoil the fun boys.

A strange argument, whereas a single bloom of a chilli plant is not comparable to the flowering top of a mature cannabis plant, the fruit which constitutes the desired crop would still require a fair input of lumens- whatever the source. 

11 hours ago, BWM said:

A strange argument, whereas a single bloom of a chilli plant is not comparable to the flowering top of a mature cannabis plant, the fruit which constitutes the desired crop would still require a fair input of lumens- whatever the source. 

That's as may be, but we still have a chili plant in fruit on our kitchen window cill at home. It seems to be quite happy without any special lighting. Perhaps its all down to what the "desired crop" really is.

On 17/12/2017 at 06:35, Jenwil said:

That is certainly one approach 

Two summers ago we grew two chilli plants in the kratch and pickled a stack of the small green chillis in secondhand spicy pickled onion vinegar. Last summer, a year later, they were melting my ear wax and lifting the epns off my cutlery !!!

But as to growing ' chilli ' under lighting over winter, i think i,d prefer to visit a dutch cafe and buy a stash of good ' chilli ' there !  Each to his own.