Eco Fan

mrsmelly

Featured Posts

It has been brought to my attention that Dr Bobs forum account has been hacked and he has been in contact with me to let everybody know the so called tests carried out by him and witnessed by the Duck are FALSE and been done by the said hackers. Please just ignore anything on that thread as it is a hoax. Thanks.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

It has been brought to my attention that Dr Bobs forum account has been hacked and he has been in contact with me to let everybody know the so called tests carried out by him and witnessed by the Duck are FALSE and been done by the said hackers. Please just ignore anything on that thread as it is a hoax. Thanks.

....yes, we think it is the Ruskie's who are looking into massive power generation via Rusty69's duck/fan idea. Please focus on the real information in this thread.

• Greenie 1

8 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

It certainly appears to be a hoax.

All the effort Dr Bob went to secure Donald the Duck for his experiment, only to use him in the end as a witness? 

Edited by rusty69

1 minute ago, rusty69 said:

It certainly appears to be a hoax.

All the effort Dr Bob went to secure Donald the Duck for his experiment, only to use him in the end as a witness? 

Exactly my thoughts. Its simply also too early for the Duck to have witnessed it!! You would have to be QUACKERS to fall for it.

4 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

....yes, we think it is the Ruskie's who are looking into massive power generation via Rusty69's duck/fan idea. Please focus on the real information in this thread.

Phew, Dr Bob is back.

7 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

Perhaps they see more merit in my plan than you did eh!

17 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

Perhaps they see more merit in my plan than you did eh!

yes, but they have room for 2,000 ducks. Not sure where they are going to get enough Mangoes from though. They dont grow in Russia.

........tune in tomorrow when you will hear Dr Bob say....." anyone know how to thaw the wife out?"

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Dr Bob said:

yes, but they have room for 2,000 ducks. Not sure where they are going to get enough Mangoes from though. They dont grow in Russia.

........tune in tomorrow when you will hear Dr Bob say....." anyone know how to thaw the wife out?"

Anyone know how to thaw the wife out?

Only joking. She's ok now and the duck has fully recovered. Right, what's next? Rusty's master plan was a total failure and I have been unsuccessul in finding a micrometer guage suitable for measuring the the expansion of the duck due to heat as per Mrsmelly's suggestion. The data in the hacked thread is obviously badly flawed so we must push on with alternative ideas. Any takers?

5 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

Anyone know how to thaw the wife out?

Only joking. She's ok now and the duck has fully recovered. Right, what's next? Rusty's master plan was a total failure and I have been unsuccessul in finding a micrometer guage suitable for measuring the the expansion of the duck due to heat as per Mrsmelly's suggestion. The data in the hacked thread is obviously badly flawed so we must push on with alternative ideas. Any takers?

Perhaps we could get other Duck owners in on the job like they do when people assist with medical trials?

Get an identical stove and fan setup opposite the existing stove and fan.

Now light the new stove and get it good and hot to get the fan spinning.

When it is spinning at a good and constant RPM get Donald to count and record the speed.

Point the rotating fan at the stationary fan on the cold stove opposite and measure the resulting heat increase in the stove.

Make sure Mrs Dr Bob is wearing warm clothes whilst she remains in the cratch area so as not to corrupt this fiendishly cunning experiment (perhaps this should be the first step), like what she did with the last one.

• Greenie 1

Driving back through Victoria on a stinking hot 42 degree day discovered Australian Eco fans. Apparently if you burn brown coal at a huge rate and then connect the resulting output to these things the blades go round and it blows hot air about.

clear evidence that those down under have done serious work on eco fan development, using the same ingredients as you uk amateurs. Namely coal electricity and intelligence, to produce hotter air. We came home at an average speed 0.9 kph higher due to the effect of this windstorm and as a side benefit the good old economical Australian car nearly managed 23 mpg. A triumph of common sense, and reduction in greenhouse gas .( which they deny here as hot air)image.png.a4942f8b46dfc90a64058db83b94f97b.png

36 minutes ago, roland elsdon said:

Driving back through Victoria on a stinking hot 42 degree day discovered Australian Eco fans. Apparently if you burn brown coal at a huge rate and then connect the resulting output to these things the blades go round and it blows hot air about.

clear evidence that those down under have done serious work on eco fan development, using the same ingredients as you uk amateurs. Namely coal electricity and intelligence, to produce hotter air. We came home at an average speed 0.9 kph higher due to the effect of this windstorm and as a side benefit the good old economical Australian car nearly managed 23 mpg. A triumph of common sense, and reduction in greenhouse gas .( which they deny here as hot air)image.png.a4942f8b46dfc90a64058db83b94f97b.png

If you had taken this shot from a higher elevation we could have seen the narrow boats these fans were erected on. I didn't realize there was a canal network in S. Aus. Judging by the terrain, you must have a lot of locks as well. Doesn't the water evaporate with the heat? Bet you don't have may ducks:D

I was bewildered by the speed gains the old Nissan was making under fan assist, and unwilling to slow down. Mrs e was scrap booking ( a modern Australian tradition) and so couldn't stand on the roof to point the trusty box brownie. 

We do however have a canal 40 kms away complete with a Victorian swing bridge. It is about 8 miles long and unsuitable for continuous mooring, ( no towpath).

you are correct that we have few ducks. However that is due to Darwinism. The Victorian duck is an astute little bugger who has learned that there is a duck season. Therefore they all fly away ( apart from the stupid ones) in March when the locals decide to blast away at them . Unfortunately they are unaware of Eco fans and fly into the blades causing instant duck fillets. The yellow bellied Victorian parrots have all died out here apparently because of the Eco fans and their poor eyesight.

this part of the world is described as very English mainly by those who have never been there. An average day consists of 6 changes of clothes due to the seasons having an affective disorder which means it can snow blow bleach and melt all in the same day. The locals hate the proliferation of Eco fans. They believe fans produce electricity not use it up and are worried that there attempts to make it warmer here by digging up and burning brown coal will be wasted, if fans proliferate.

Cycling to work I can definatly confirm the fans work well, it's very hard. Of course the temperature change at mid day causes the balmy warm air to change direction, making it harder to cycle home. I've tried moving but that doesn't help, the fans know...

• Greenie 2

How many of those who propose that ecowindfarms kill birds, parrots etc, keep cats and let them out to roam? To devastate the local wildlife!

That aside , the ecofan increases the efficiency of the stove, less fuel is burned. Keep on doubting and polluting guys, you won't be around to suffer the major long term effects. No thought for your grandchildren, poor buggers.

26 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

:lol::lol: Stop it stop it mi sides are splitting :D Sat here with mi T shirt on very very warm and NO Eco fan.

You sound too hot! Can I interest you in my newly designed Ice 'o' fan (pat pending)?Its part of my new range of 2018 fans that include:-

Lith 'o' fan - Protect your new set of Lithium batteries so they remain at optimum temperature whilst charging.

and, all new 

Leaf 'o' fan - Fed up with leaves blocking  the drainage channels on your cruiser stern.Fit my new Leaf 'o' fan today (pat pending).

36 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

:lol::lol: Stop it stop it mi sides are splitting :D Sat here with mi T shirt on very very warm and NO Eco fan.

With an ecofan you'd be as hot with less fuel, the breeze from the fan would dry your sweat. Or turn your t-shirt to a cool setting. Or just get one with the latest beat combo on the front, that would be really cool.

8 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

You sound too hot! Can I interest you in my newly designed Ice 'o' fan (pat pending)?Its part of my new range of 2018 fans that include:-

Lith 'o' fan - Protect your new set of Lithium batteries so they remain at optimum temperature whilst charging.

and, all new 

Leaf 'o' fan - Fed up with leaves blocking  the drainage channels on your cruiser stern.Fit my new Leaf 'o' fan today (pat pending).

Can you design a " Bog o fan " ? probably be of some use to the new generation of composting bog owners?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

and, all new 

Whose your new friend Pat?

5 minutes ago, Jim Riley said:

With an ecofan you'd be as hot with less fuel, the breeze from the fan would dry your sweat. Or turn your t-shirt to a cool setting. Or just get one with the latest beat combo on the front, that would be really cool.

As for not being around re your previous post I don't think its our generation that's the problem. There has just been an article re reducing use of plastics on the tv. They interviewed a couple of oldies who were saying how bad it is that everything they bought such as veg was wrapped in plastic which of course is ludicrous. They then interviewed a young mum in her thirties who thought it could be unhygienic using paper bags :lol: :banghead: what the bloomin eck did we all use in the past. its not our generation that needs educating methinks.

• Greenie 1