Unlicenced boats!

Big Ade

Featured Posts

4 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

How can you tell which requires an answer? 

By understanding its context......which I suspect you already knew! But then, literally answering a rhetorical question isn't such of a faux-pas unless its clearly so.

Edited by Paul C

Just now, Paul C said:

By understanding its context......which I suspect you already knew! But then, literally answering a rhetorical question isn't such of a faux-pas unless its clearly so.

Sorry, mine was rhetorical too:)

8 hours ago, alan_fincher said:

No, I am saying that at one point after they first introduced the system, once you had paid, it said something like "click on this link to print it", and that gave you a broken link. 

CRT acknowledged as a bug, but how you release something like that live without testing rather beggars belief.  It was fixed soon after, I think.

I have not knowingly ticked any boxes that say I wanr them to post a licence, (actually the receipt/invoice as well, of course, as both are on a single sheet).  They have now started turning up again even after I have printed my own.

No idea why people not only seem to be treated differently, but even for the same person things are different at each renewal.

Of course I have two boats so do more renewals than most people, and I guess am 100% more likely to catch one of the points at which the system doesn't work 100% sensibly when they are tinkering with things.

I think I remember the broken link, but you could still go to your account and download the PDF.  I notice that they allow you to download the old ones, so I can download he ones that expired 06/16 and 06/17 as well as the current one expiring 06/18.  I can not remember when the new system came in, but I suspect it was early 15 so you have acc as to everything done on the new system where I at least was expected to print my own, which I have no issue with.

7 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Yet a significant proportion of boats are committing this offence of not displaying, as the OP illustrates and we can see for ourselves if we look.

CRT appear to have taken the decision not to enforce displaying a licence disc. Therefore, the argument runs, CRT do not require boaters to display it. 

If that really is the case then they should chage the PDF that has the licences on to say, "here are the licences but you no longer need to display them", or better just not provide the licences. Whilst they proved them with the instruction to display them, then what choose do you have it you want to abide by the "rules". 

I requested that paper licence be sent to me for my licence that was renewed this month and also licence holders. I was told that 2 different departments would have to been informed of my request and would receive them in due course. Within a couple of days I got the holders and now 4 weeks later still waiting for the paper licence.

6 minutes ago, WotEver said:

Life. Loath it or ignore it. You can't like it. 

You think you've got problems. What are you supposed to do if you are a manically depressed robot? No, don't even bother answering. I'm 50,000 times more intelligent than you and even I don't know the answer

2 hours ago, john6767 said:

I can not remember when the new system came in, but I suspect it was early 15 so you have acc as to everything done on the new system where I at least was expected to print my own, which I have no issue with.

The changes came in May / June of 2015 (just as I got my boat after many years off the cut)