Boat Fire in Rotherham 09/01/2017

Grebe

Featured Posts

Just out of interest, what sort of boat? The newspaper report calls it a "houseboat" but we all know how inaccurate the press (especially local press) can be!

Sounds like its Shaun and his girlfriend Ken my neighbour says he saw him taking things out of the boat earlier fingers crossed that it can be sorted

Evidence for no BSS? Nowt in the press article.

The BSS is a very new addition to boating and I remember selling my boat and buying a different one when the test was introduced on BW waters. Do we have any legitimate figures anywhere by any authority as to how many for instance less fires or loss of life we have suffered since its inception and as to how the figure was come by? just wondered like.

The BSS is a very new addition to boating and I remember selling my boat and buying a different one when the test was introduced on BW waters. Do we have any legitimate figures anywhere by any authority as to how many for instance less fires or loss of life we have suffered since its inception and as to how the figure was come by? just wondered like.

How would you assess this? Since the majority of narrowboats have bss. You can't say how many would or wouldn't have burned out without the bss system. Perhaps the question should be "how many faults are found and remedied as a result of bss?" Billybobbooth seems to be saying the boat in question didn't have a bss.

Edited by Jim Riley

How would you assess this? Since the majority of narrowboats have bss. You can't say how many would or wouldn't have burned out without the bss system. Perhaps the question should be "how many faults are found and remedied as a result of bss?" Billybobbooth seems to be saying the boat in question didn't have a bss.

Yes I wasnt meaning this particular boat in my question. I just wondered if there were any figures for boat fires and deaths prior to and now several years after its inception to see what if any effect it has realy had on safety? just wondered.

I do hope there ok.

Goes to show what happens if you dont have a bss! (? Sit back enjoy my cup of tea & wait)

There is no evidence of a bss or not having one, it was more a worm on a hook comment about bss. Hence the sit back nd wait.

I couldn't resist

That's what someone said about the fire at the marina where three boats sank

i knew i could count on you!!!

Well done