Limehouse Cut Warning

amotyka

Featured Posts

I was moored up on the limehouse cut next to the basin yesterday and was attacked by three youths throwing stones, empty wine bottles, metal bars and even launching fireworks, in broad daylight. They also claimed to have knives on them. The police were less than interested and suggested I move, not quite understanding the speed of a narrowboat. Eventually I managed to make a hasty getaway amidst a barrage of verbal abuse. Apologies for speeding past any boats moored!

I remember boating down limehouse cut in the early eighties. Half way along we were bombed with house bricks from derelict buildings beyond the high walls. No mobile phones and no way of getting at the culprits. A lot of damage was done to the wooden roof. Then nobody would stop at all anywhere between little venice and limehouse and if going up the Lea then Lea Bridge. Even the lockeepers down the Regent's had barbed wire around their houses.

Mike Adams

Firstly I hope you're ok now but I think I'd be putting in a complaint to the Met pronto. You should have said they told you they were armed....and if you did and the police still weren't interested I would be making more than a complaint I think.

Gareth

Good plan! Spend the rest of your life being harassed by the law.

Really?....what do you suggest then?....I'd rather be a thorn in side of people that can't be arsed to get off their backsides and protect the public than just roll over and say never mind,....each to their own I guess

Gareth

I was moored up on the limehouse cut next to the basin yesterday and was attacked by three youths throwing stones, empty wine bottles, metal bars and even launching fireworks, in broad daylight. They also claimed to have knives on them. The police were less than interested and suggested I move, not quite understanding the speed of a narrowboat. Eventually I managed to make a hasty getaway amidst a barrage of verbal abuse. Apologies for speeding past any boats moored!

I have been to London five times in my 61 years. The last two times were taking daughter in to Uni and bringing her out 3 years later nearly twenty years ago now. You live on a boat?, it moves so why the hell are you there. Remember if the world had piles they would be in London

Edited by mrsmelly
  • Greenie 2

Never had a problem ever in london even camden i thought was going to be trouble but has been perfect every time.

That dosnt mean to say i havent had trouble elts where

Edited by billybobbooth

I have been to London five times in my 61 years. The last two times were taking daughter in to Uni and bringing her out 3 years later nearly twenty years ago now. You live on a boat?, it moves so why the hell are you there. Remember if the world had piles they would be in London

I really don't see the attraction of london at all....sadly others do which means I have to go there for work far too much....the best view of it is as it disappears from sight. I still don't see that as an excuse for the apathy of the police.

Gareth

• Greenie 1

I really don't see the attraction of london at all....sadly others do which means I have to go there for work far too much....the best view of it is as it disappears from sight. I still don't see that as an excuse for the apathy of the police.

Gareth

I dont think the Police are truly apathetic, its more a case of there are only so many times you can bang your head against a wall before you realise the only person it hurts is yourself.

Firstly I hope you're ok now but I think I'd be putting in a complaint to the Met pronto. You should have said they told you they were armed....and if you did and the police still weren't interested I would be making more than a complaint I think.

Gareth

This was my first thought. You were under sustained physical attack and being threatened (implicitly) with stabbing. If that's not an emergency requiring an immediate police presence, what is?

I didn't understand Sir Nibble to be suggesting do nothing.

More it was a realistic prognosis of the major outcome of raising your profile with them.

Good grief... are the Met really so crooked and vindictive as to harass victims of crime as revenge for legitimate complaints?

The police have an impossible job to do, that's why they don't do it. Quite possibly there was a legal duty to turn out and probably a statutory duty to be in two places at once. Complain to a politician.

Hang on. A minute ago they were crooked, vindictive gangsters more interested in pursuing decades-long campaigns of harassment against law-abiding citizens than doing their job - and with all the time and resources they need to do so. Now the only reason they don't do their job is that it's 'impossible'. Something doesn't add up there.

I wasn't isolating the Met, nor the police in particular.

The system in general of which they are a small part is underfunded, under resourced and ineffective.

The Chief Constables are declaring UDI as a protest to the demands imposed upon them.

The one in Leicestershire instructed his officers to only attend a shout if the house number is even Here

The Home Secretary instructed all Chief Constables to publicly reveal the identities of members of their staff who have a Criminal Record. They all complied except for The Chief Constable West Midlands. His reason? We don't know.

If you're content with such outcomes, our standards and requirements differ dramatically.

The system in general of which they are a small part is underfunded, under resourced and ineffective.

The Chief Constables are declaring UDI as a protest to the demands imposed upon them.

The one in Leicestershire instructed his officers to only attend a shout if the house number is even Here

The Home Secretary instructed all Chief Constables to publicly reveal the identities of members of their staff who have a Criminal Record. They all complied except for The Chief Constable West Midlands. His reason? We don't know.

If you're content with such outcomes, our standards and requirements differ dramatically.

Which was found to be a Torygraph lie!

Sorry, is this supposed to be a response to my post? Obviously I'm not content with such outcomes, which is why my first thought was that the OP should complain about the police's failure to attend an emergency.

And I don't see the connection between your (fair enough) suggestion here that the police are part of an underfunded, under resourced and ineffective system, and your original suggestion that it's realistic to expect them to wage a lifelong campaign of harassment against you if you raise your profile with them by making a complaint. On a moral level, I don't see how being under-resourced turns policemen into vindictive crooks, and on a practical level, I don't see how under-resourced vindictive crooks can find the time and money to harass people for decades on end.

Which was found to be a Torygraph lie!

Can we have some proof of this 'Torygraph lie' please? A quick Google reveals that the ‘even numbers only’ story was carried by BBC, Sky and ITV News, and by the Mirror, Sun, Leicester Mercury, Stamford Mercury. The Times, Independent, Guardian and Express newspapers, as well as websites www.lincolnshire.co.uk, www.unbound.co.uk, www. criminal-defence-solicitors.com, www.alexandralocksmiths.co.uk, not to mention …. I gave up after that! I even Googled the same thing again, adding the search word 'untrue' - nothing, zilch!

Let’s take a random left-wing newspaper quote – the Guardian, 6 August 2015 - ‘It emerged on Wednesday that Leicestershire police piloted an approach in which attempted burglaries at even-numbered houses would be fully investigated, with forensic teams sent – but this would not happen if the victim lived in an odd-numbered house.

Graham, do you have a hang-up about the Telegraph? Have you read it lately?

Edited by homer2911