Changes To Mooring Permits

cuthound

Featured Posts

On the few occasions we have met the boat spotters this year they take no notice of the licence and are only interested in your CRT index number.

Same here, every week the CRT boat spotter walks past our offside mooring anud enters the boat's index number, read from the side of the boat. He would have to be issued with binoculars if he were to read the index number printed on the licence!

They're not phasing out printed licences, they're phasing out printing and posting them out. The requirement to print it out and display it rests with the boater.

Strange one, last year I renewed on line and had to print my own licence. This year again I renewed on line and printed out my licence then today a pair arrived in the post.

Strange one, last year I renewed on line and had to print my own licence. This year again I renewed on line and printed out my licence then today a pair arrived in the post.

Ooh, favouritism! They didn't send me one.

The ones in my boat window still say 07/16 but the 16 is crossed out and 17 written in using felt tip. My 2017 licences are laminated ready for display, but can't be seen cos they're still in my dining room!

Ooh, favouritism! They didn't send me one.

The ones in my boat window still say 07/16 but the 16 is crossed out and 17 written in using felt tip. My 2017 licences are laminated ready for display, but can't be seen cos they're still in my dining room!

Another point, the ones they sent are identical to the ones I printer, ie. Black on white

I asked about going onto DD and they have told me that DD will only be available for 12 monthly payments. I've asked if this means that if you pay by DD, and can't do it in a single payment, that you won't get the early discount. Seems a bit strange - everyone else gives you options on how often the payments get made, and I can't see why they wouldn't like it all in one go up front (unless it's a way of increasing income by stopping the discount!)

On the few occasions we have met the boat spotters this year they take no notice of the licence and are only interested in your CRT index number.

Likewise. They ignored the paper licence in our window (which a child would be capable of reproducing easily with something as basic as Microsoft Paint) and checked it on their tablet, via our boat number (which also could easily be reproduced!)

Likewise. They ignored the paper licence in our window (which a child would be capable of reproducing easily with something as basic as Microsoft Paint) and checked it on their tablet, via our boat number (which also could easily be reproduced!)

How many people cannot understand why their boat has been seen in the same place whilst it has been somewhere totally different. If I were to call my boat by a name and number, and only paint that number on it, will the tablet recognise there is an anomaly?

Just for info, had this reply from CRT: "Yes you can take advantage of the prompt payment discount if you wish to pay in one Direct Debit instalment. When I mentioned the 12 DD only, this was in reference to removing the option of 5 and 9 instalments. So to clarify you can pay in 1 instalment and take advantage of the discount or 12 instalments without discount."

How many people cannot understand why their boat has been seen in the same place whilst it has been somewhere totally different. If I were to call my boat by a name and number, and only paint that number on it, will the tablet recognise there is an anomaly?

I doubt the tablet has much functionality at all.

The job of the data loggers is, I would imagine, to punch in the data which then gets sent electronically to the office for processing, not to challenge boaters on licence discrepancies.

This is why I think boats with no number displayed escape all 'enforcement'. The data loggers just walk straight past as there is nothing to log.

I doubt the tablet has much functionality at all.

The job of the data loggers is, I would imagine, to punch in the data which then gets sent electronically to the office for processing, not to challenge boaters on licence discrepancies.

You are wrong though, I believe..

Try chatting to people where the data a logger has actually shared with boat owners what information it puts at the operative's disposal, if they so choose.

Volunteer "tow-path rangers" or "mooring rangers" are not in general provide with any fancy technology, but what the actual employed data loggers carry is now actually quite sophisticated, I believe.

Interesting! the only change I can see is in charging!

Renewed my licence and mooring permit in early December and got the EP. discount, and 2 'print off' licences quickly, CRT have debited one payment for the mooring and 2 debits for the annual Licence and have just sent me an invoice for the licence for good measure.

Their accounting system is having problems finding the second debit........... of £790.........

L.

The pdf letter with the licences on it reminds you of your obligation to display the licence.

Thereby making a mockery of their argument that one of their reasons for stopping sending out printed licences is to save the planet. If we have to print our own instead, the planet remains DOOMED.