Problem at Fox's Marina March - Ex Red Army truck sunk

br4k3s

Featured Posts

Years ago I drove one of those as part of a military vehicle driving experience. The instructor (in overalls) told me (in jeans & T shirt) to drive into a lake, the water came up over the windscreen and straight in through the open hatches above my head. I was covered in manky slime, he thought it hilarious, my misses was not to pleased as by the time we drove home I was getting a bit fragrant. Great fun but it was her fault for booking me on it in the 1st place though.

Easy for me to say with hindsight, but if I owned an alleged amphibian, I'd want to test it by taking it just far enough down the slipway to float, then leaving it there while I checked for leaks before proceeding. That way if a problem develops it can be winched back ashore.

Technically it's not quite a stoppage because there seems to be room to move a boat past it.

Easy for me to say with hindsight, but if I owned an alleged amphibian, I'd want to test it by taking it just far enough down the slipway to float, then leaving it there while I checked for leaks before proceeding. That way if a problem develops it can be winched back ashore.

Technically it's not quite a stoppage because there seems to be room to move a boat past it.

Er technically it is a stoppage as access to slipway, workshop dock, diesel & two thirds of boats cannot enter or leave the marina

Anything to do with all the inbreeding in the land that time forgot?

We might have webbed feet but we do have one of the most cleanest, quietest and wildlife friendly waterways on system, and long may it keep that way, as long as people like yourself have that attitude.

Anything to do with all the inbreeding in the land that time forgot?

I've seen the film (the 1975 original, not the remake) and I don't remember any. The only British character in it who survives to the end was played by Susan Penhaligon, who I learn is from Cornwall not East Anglia.

That is not a Alvis Stalwart!

Stollys have a truck back

I think that it is a variant of the OT-64 / SKOT

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OT-64_SKOT

There is a dealer in ex Soviet military stuff in March might be from there.

Not the one who parks JCBs on Narrowboats by any chance?
  • Greenie 1