Here today, gone today.

The Ents

Featured Posts

It was there yesterday, then it wasn't. I mean the CaRT water point at Barbridge, the junction of the Shropshire and the Middlewich branch. There is stil a sign with a pretty picture of a tap, but, Tardis like, there it isn't.

It was there yesterday, then it wasn't. I mean the CaRT water point at Barbridge, the junction of the Shropshire and the Middlewich branch. There is stil a sign with a pretty picture of a tap, but, Tardis like, there it isn't.

I think they issued a stoppage notice about it

You should have a try at it yourself. It's really not that hard!

:)

Plumbing is easy, shit goes downhill, water finds its own level.

I don't mind a bit of plumbing now and again, I installed central heating in our old house that originally had blown air heating - it is as you rightly say not hard at all.

My brother runs his own plumbing and heating business, that fact alone backs that statement up.

Plumbing is easy, shit goes downhill, water finds its own level.

I don't mind a bit of plumbing now and again, I installed central heating in our old house that originally had blown air heating - it is as you rightly say not hard at all.

My brother runs his own plumbing and heating business, that fact alone backs that statement up.

Perversely, the most difficult bit usually, when it comes to doing a bit of plumbing is turning the water OFF.

Finding how and where to do it. Stopcocks that won't turn, aren't where you'd expect them to be or don't exist in the first place. Or might be buried in the back of cupboards full of junk which you have to take out first to find out they are not there.

Looking in places where it *might* be often takes up more time than doing the plumbing.

Perversely, the most difficult bit usually, when it comes to doing a bit of plumbing is turning the water OFF.

There are several unofficial water points around the system that have been surreptitiously installed using self cutting taps.

Yes, a right tool is what you feel like when you are seen with a length of copper pipe jammed between the boat and the mooring to get enough leverage to make the bend in the pipe. As you may suppose I am not a plumber in real life.

will o' the wisp.

happens on these misty autumn mornings.

I love it when I wake up on a misty morning and cannot see more than a few metres, and as the sun burns off the mist a glorious landscape slowly appears, like a painter is busily at work on a dull grey backcloth.

will o' the wisp.

happens on these misty autumn mornings.

I love it when I wake up on a misty morning and cannot see more than a few metres, and as the sun burns off the mist a glorious landscape slowly appears, like a painter is busily at work on a dull grey backcloth.

awww, tha's like poetic that is. brought a lump to me wassname.

It's surprising what can disappear in a day.

The pipe bridge (and the pipe) which crossed the Coventry canal between Amington and Alvecote was there when I walked the dog but there was no sign of it two days later.

If it's gone for good It's a great pity, as there will be nothing to wash the dogs s..t of your boots anymore, that place seems to be a bad place to et it on your boots just as you step off the boat with your mooring lines! blush.png

It's surprising what can disappear in a day.

The pipe bridge (and the pipe) which crossed the Coventry canal between Amington and Alvecote was there when I walked the dog but there was no sign of it two days later.

CRT issued a "restricted navigstion" notice for the day the pipe bridge was removed.

What surprised me was size of the crane used, a massive tracked thing, and the amount of time it took. The pipe bridge was accessed from a field near where I walk the dog. The whole operation took 3 weeks.

CRT issued a "restricted navigstion" notice for the day the pipe bridge was removed.

What surprised me was size of the crane used, a massive tracked thing, and the amount of time it took. The pipe bridge was accessed from a field near where I walk the dog. The whole operation took 3 weeks.

Well, obviously I'm spectacularly unobservant. I noticed nothing when I boated past nor when I walked the dog the next day. Two days later I had a final walk with the dog, (down to the Liberal House) before leaving the boat to go home. The pipe was gone, leaving hardly a trace except for some churned-up ground on the off side.

Well, obviously I'm spectacularly unobservant. I noticed nothing when I boated past nor when I walked the dog the next day. Two days later I had a final walk with the dog, (down to the Liberal House) before leaving the boat to go home. The pipe was gone, leaving hardly a trace except for some churned-up ground on the off side.

Not necessarily unobservant. The crane accessed the site from Tamworth Road (Bridge 64), so you wouldn't have seen much of the works.

But there wasn't a pollution incident was there?