Decorative glass

mross

Featured Posts

s-l500.jpg

I've just bought this nice glass on eBay. Does anyone know the artist?

Oh dear, with respect, that is a rubbish piece of artwork, my wife who is partially sighted and has had to stop painting dabbled a bit in painting glass and even with her failing sight was able to produce much better work than that item.

Soz, Phil

Edited by Phil Ambrose
  • Greenie 2

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

agree, very rude answers. have a feeling those who replied would be unimpressed by the fascinating, abstract expressionism exhibition at the royal academy.

No not impressed. It's all a load of Pollocks

agree, very rude answers. have a feeling those who replied would be unimpressed by the fascinating, abstract expressionism exhibition at the royal academy.

Not rude answers, just honest expression of my opinion. Please note the term "with respect" Also the apologetic "soz". Oh and my taste in art is quite eclectic though my execution is somewhat lacking, but hey if you liked that piece of artwork that's fine but don't expect everybody to share the same taste, we all have very different ideas of what is good artwork and it's that difference that makes us.

Phil

Edited by Phil Ambrose

Whether or not you like abstract impressionism (or any other kind of art) is a matter of taste, but that doesn't mean there isn't good abstract impressionism and bad abstract impressionism (or any other kind of art).

Same goes for style of boat as opposed to quality of build.

The OP asked a question about who made the glass. He didn't ask what people thought of it. Rubbishing another's taste when they haven't invited it is rude in my opinion. No wonder so many people leave this forum after giving it a brief go.

• Greenie 2

The OP asked a question about who made the glass. He didn't ask what people thought of it. Rubbishing another's taste when they haven't invited it is rude in my opinion. No wonder so many people leave this forum after giving it a brief go.

If someone prints a photo of a boat and asks if anyone knows who built it, it would not be uncommon for people to proffer an opinion such as "That's a handsome boat", even though the original post did not invite opinions.

As Mr. Ross has amassed over 400 posts, I don't think he's just been giving CWF a "brief go".

I agree with his statement that the glass is "decorative". I have seen better-painted items which I don't find decorative at all.