42 feet of pure prettiness

MissMax

Featured Posts

OMG....I have pondered this so much!! How to do a swing bridge alone!

When I'm let loose, I'll be doing all tricky manoeuvres at about 5am so hopefully not many people will be there to see me make a total pillock of myself. I'll be just the same as you Max. I hope you managed it ok.

Edited by Tristesse
  • Greenie 1

I met a lovely couple on the water. He got the boat through and I did the swing :)

I bounced towards Skipton like a blind folded gazelle and finally moored up.

Can't see what all the fuss is about ;) all you have to do is clench every part of your body

Crash into the canal side if you get another boat coming towards you, then reverse-curse-forward-scream.

Met a lot of polite people ( think they were happy I didn't hit them)

Now all I have to do is empty boat, loo, get water bottom filled and learn how to not go side ways. I definitely need rope

Can't see what all the fuss is about wink.png all you have to do is clench every part of your body

Crash into the canal side if you get another boat coming towards you, then reverse-curse-forward-scream.

Met a lot of polite people ( think they were happy I didn't hit them)

see, you're nearly as good as Timothy West already cheers.gif

• Greenie 1

Just wanted to say a special big thank you to Nightwatch. I have only just realised how far he cycled just to help me (total stranger) on such a hot day and I had nothing to give him ( my boat looks like a skip was dumped in it)

I will store a bottle of his choice to give to him, if ever I see hiim again.

Blooming big mooiosive thank you, to a kind and intelligent young man :)

You will soon get the swing of it!

Happy belated Birthday Miss Maxcheers.gif

There is nothing cosier on a wet and miserable day with the fire going and a nice bowl of hot soup.

Jamescheers.gif

Yes there is! A cold and miserable day with the fire going and a bottle of good red wine!!

cheers.gif

Just think how much that 30 footer would have shrunk !

You now have almost 50% more internal space than you would have had.

Grumble Grumble not saying you are right (as usuall) just that on this (and other occasions)

You weren't wrong.

Grumble Grumble

;)

Hay Big Hairy S***** I have your relatives (several generations by the looks of it) you better come and get them

And as for those two cheeky chaps. There going to wake up next to half a kipper if they keep being cheeky Grrrr

I keep finding body parts :(

Bumped into Max this morning in Skipton, not literally of course, and had another shufty at Water Orchid. A good scrub off,sand and paint, a few days hard work and it will become a good looking little boat.

She's well on her way to sorting out the interior, getting stuff stored and tidied. There's two cats, I haven't seen either of them, and a lovely ten week old Abby/Abbie, she's a spaniel. A cracker.

Miss Max. Enjoy.

My boat only obeys Nightwatch :(

Mr Boilerman still hasn't turned up even though I left four cans of Special Brew under the mat :(

Getting my clothes washed tomorrow YAY and my pile is getting smaller double YAY

if anyone wants to come over and poke my rusty bits, your more than welcome :)

just head in the direction all the other boats are running away from

Come to the Bridgewater and my husband will sort her out for you. He has even convinced my boat to obey me!!

I'll be 'bouncing down' in a heart beat (stupid maps don't obey me either)

Just stick your husband in a stamped addressed envelope and you can have him back by May...ish

My boat only obeys Nightwatch sad.png

Mr Boilerman still hasn't turned up even though I left four cans of Special Brew under the mat sad.png

Ahem... I have no eye deer where you got the eye deer that Special Brew was a suitable bait to get me to drive 350 miles to fleckin' SKIPTON!

A nice bottle of say 2009 Chateau Margaux might just do the trick though....

cheers.gif

Just googled ' 2009 Chateau Margaux'

I don't think I have enough kidneys to sell! How about a bottle of Lambrini with Ribena in it ;)

Finished my front bit, just got to do the bedroom. Special thanks to Nightwatch for helping to get rid of those mattresses (they were minging) need to patch leaks in roof, break down bed, replace shower hose and head (got replacements) wash clothes, get fuel.

Currently using Tesco bin bags for cuttains (no Waitrose about)

Thought boating was supposed to be relaxing :(

A free can of Tizer to anyone who can make my boat behave.....

Just dawned on me that the seller lied about the boat not leaking!

Just googled ' 2009 Chateau Margaux'

I don't think I have enough kidneys to sell! How about a bottle of Lambrini with Ribena in it wink.png

I just lurve your sense of humour! Cruise down to here in Wiltshire and you have a deal. I think I'd better choose the wine tho!

Hurrah, you are clearly as mad as

a box of frogs and therefore supremely

suited to boaty-life...boat.gif

Enjoy!

My claim to fame is that Nigel Farage once described me as 'mad as a box of frogs' in the Guardian. Made me very happy.

Edited by Carrie
  • Greenie 1